PDA

View Full Version : Beware the Toys 'R' Us holiday return policy!

tibren1010
11-29-2001, 04:55 PM
I recently received some items from my Toys 'R' Us / Babies 'R' Us registry which I found that I didn't really need, so I took them back to the local store. Of course, the giver hadn't included a gift receipt, but I had never had a problem returning things to Toys 'R' Us for store credit in the past. This time, I was told that "because of the season," Toys 'R' Us would not accept returns without a receipt, even on registry items. But they made an exception for me (which was a good thing, because otherwise I would have gone into an eight-months-pregnant rage in the middle of their store). Also, the old return policy (returns w/o a receipt for store credit with a driver's license) was still prominently displayed above the customer service desk, so I don't know how they thought they were going to get away with not accepting my return items.

This plus the recent change in Target's return policy seems to indicate an ugly trend in baby registries. Are there any mass-retailers out there who still have a relatively friendly return policy, at least on registry items? All of this makes Baby Depot's much-maligned "store credit only" policy seem downright attractive - you still don't need a receipt with them.