PDA

View Full Version : Round Cribs

Joey
02-12-2002, 04:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there has any information on the round cribs as far as durability and safety? Please reply!!!

Joey
TTC# 3

nywifey
02-13-2002, 07:27 PM
I truly truly wanted one of these. Until I heard awful reviews about the company's customer service. The company "Little Miss Liberty" is not very professional. I've heard horror stories about late shipments, missing parts, poor customer service, unstable cribs etc..

The Field's do give their review of the cribs in the book. If you really want one, I'd buy it off of ebay where you might also get the bedding with the crib. Another downfall with these cribs is that you have to purchase ALL the bedding from the company. You can't find sheets anywhere!

All in all, after researching the whole thing, I decided it was a waste of money.

Lucasnona
10-08-2002, 09:40 PM
I ordered 2 round cribs and waited a very long time to receive them, several months. All I could think was thank God my daughter wasn't expecting yet. (I was an anxiuos & hopeful Grandma-want-to-be.) Anyway the crib finally arrived as did the baby and all was well until the very lightly glued joints came apart when my son was checking out the crib, we all stood there mouths open in disbelief, he had barely touched it. When I say very lightly glued I mean some of the posts had no glue at all. All I could say was thank God my grandson wasn't out of the bassinet and in the crib. My son in law has reglued the joints and the crib is working fine. My cribs sat in the box for probably a year before my daughter ended up needing one. My advice to anyone buying a round crib would be to thoughly check it over, pull it, push it make sure the joints are fully glued. Don't wait as long as we did to assemble it.

mama2be
10-10-2002, 09:15 AM
I have one!!!

I have the little miss liberty wood one (they have a less expensive durabond model). I too was very discouraged by their customer service and they had a special price on their web site and I tried to get that price and their customer service gal said that was an "old promotion". I did not trust them on several conversations. I got a used one for $300 locally with ful bedding (which I am going to sell on ebay). Mine does not have a canopy which I desperatly wanted so we have a round frame that we are hanging fromt he ceiling and I am having a canopy attached from that which I think will look even better. their sheets actually got very high ratings that I saw recently in a study...

IF I had it to over again there is a company that is just now as of the last few months also making round WOOD cribs called Angel Line I believe...if I could do it over I would get one of theirs, some have turned spindles (pretty)...their prices are so much better, their wood and you are paying for the name associated with little miss liberty I have no doubt.

I must say that everyone oohs and ahhs over our crib which is white and very pretty, especially once I get the sheets etc...made with it. But I was obsessed with getting a round crib.

Hope that helps...

mt00026
10-21-2002, 06:44 PM
I also wanted a round crib. I was looking at the duracrib online, but I wanted to see one in person. Well these things are as rare and elusive as unicorns. (great quote from a baby store sales person) However the sales person told me to make sure and ask about different mattress heights as she didn't think it moved at all. So I called little miss liberty and asked did the mattress adjust. After much hemming and hawing they replied it did not. I then questioned when according to their safety people did a baby need to be removed from the crib for safety. They replied as soon as he/she is able to pull up. What a joke $500 crib $400 linens for 6 months or so of use. I now have a beautiful Bonavita Winsor canopy crib waiting for DD.