PDA

View Full Version : Warning for AOL users: STAY AWAY from the group "Penny Pincher Parents"

boxermom5
02-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Hi, all. I am an AOL member and while looking through their online groups, I found the "Penny Pincher Parents" group. Looked ok on the main groups page so I subscribed. I know full well, belonging to other mail groups/mailing lists/etc, that I was liable to be inundated with e-mails. However, I expected to at least get some helpful hints/tips etc on "bargains" etc. This was the LAST thing I received being a member of the group. Almost immediately upon subscribing I received a massive amount of e-mails begging to be removed from the group and very little useful information. I tried removing myself from the group by following the directions on the AOL groups page (I am intelligent and I am computer-literate so that wasn't the problem!) but to no avail. So, as a last resort, I posted to the group administrator this a.m. via e-mail. All I got out of that request for help was the "pleasure" of 2 insulting e-mails from 2 of the group members. This is pretty typical of this group--insults to and personal attacks of members who, tiring of reading a bunch of nonsense, wish to be removed from the group. (In case you're wondering, I notified AOL about these problems and reported the 2 "people" who sent the insulting e-mails) I finally was able to remove myself from this group after about 2 hours of trying this afternoon. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GROUP--they are NOT what they bill themselves as on the AOL Groups page! Don't make my mistake and join this group!
Thanks for listening!
[email protected]