PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Take Along Swing

cluelesswonder
05-28-2002, 10:21 AM
This swing seemed like a dream product when we started trying it out. It assembled easily although the screw-locked battery case seemed like it would be really annoying when you had to change the batteries. It folded up and opened well, but was heavy. The swing played 8 complete songs so even adults wouldn't be annoyed very quickly.

The problem? The motor! It was loud at any speed and even unloaded, the swing did not move much. Once the baby was loaded on the swing, you could hear the motor running, but the swing didn't move.

We thought this one swing might be defective and decided to try out the floor model , but when we returned to BRU, the floor model didn't have batteries and they couldn't find a screw driver to put in the batteries we brought!

We gave up since we didn't want to do another purchase/return trip - funny how this gets more complicated when it takes 1.5 hours to get the baby ready to go out for ten minutes.

Has anyone else had this problem?

sydneypaige
06-25-2002, 08:21 PM
I have had the same problem concerning the loud motor. In addition, when the batteries start to run low or your baby gets heavier, the swing does not move as well. However, I do not use this swing as my primary swing. The benefits have certainly outweighed the sound of the motor. I use it primarily when we are traveling or I want to take a shower. This way I bring the baby in the bathroom with me so that I can keep an eye on her.

Actormom
09-09-2002, 11:43 PM
I have this swing and don't have the same problems. I can definitely hear the motor, but it is not loud enough to pay much attention to. My daughter is 4.5 months old and weighs 14.5 pounds. She swings along just fine. I have traveled with it a few times and think it is a dream. I have not had to replace the original set of batteries yet.