PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Baby Tenda "Safety" Seminars

emmy
06-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Don't bother going to this seminar if you get an invitation in the mail. My husband and I went and suffered through a "safety" presentation on baby equipment, later to discover that they were getting us ready for their sales pitch on the ugliest crib and "feeding table" you've ever seen. They looked like something from the 60's. I thought about leaving early, but wanted my "gift packet with a value of $100". Turned out that it was coupons for their products and services, which I immediately threw into the trashcan! Unfortunately, I didn't read about Baby Tenda in my Baby Bargains book until we got home...shame on me!!

momathome
06-10-2002, 09:28 AM
I feel for you! We suffered through this same seminar 4 1/2 years ago when I was naive and pregnant with my first daughter. The sales pitch was disgusting, the safety information was misleading, and I wanted to throw the $100 coupon book at the presenter by the end of the demo. Forwarned is forarmed!
-Lauren

LailaCa
06-10-2002, 11:32 PM
I too went to this disgusting seminar in San Jose, CA where the speaker bashed every other baby company in the U.S.. My invitation did not state that this was Baby Tenda, so I thought that this was a small baby fair. (My friend went to a baby fair in Tulsa and came home with wonderful freebies.) I had also not read this book yet so I had no way of knowing. If I had known that this was a seminar sponsored by a product company and not an actual fair or safety seminaar I NEVER EVER would have gone. Makes me want to wait in the parking lot for future fairs and warn people. The coupons were totally worthless. When I did get the idea that this was a sales pitch I too stayed for the free "gift".

jen lehman
09-20-2002, 11:16 PM
I've received this invite in the Kansas City area TWICE (I'm 24 weeks pregnant). After reading how many times the literature said "couples" strongly encouraged, blah blah blah, I pretty much figured it was a scam. In this day and age, how many single mothers are out there? I mean, if they were REALLY interested in the safety of my unborn child, and getting a safety message to me, what would it matter if my mother (who will probably be buying a good portion of my baby stuff for Christmas presents for my husband and I anyway) was with me? Puh-lease!!!

Jennifer H. Lehman
EDD--1/7/03

jojo2324
09-21-2002, 07:45 AM
Has anyone reported them to the Better Business Bureau? They have a done a scam-my thing by representing themselves in one way and then acting another.

JulieL
02-21-2003, 08:18 PM
So I too was duped into going to this seminar. I dragged my husband kicking & screaming. He said I bet they are trying to sell us something. And of course he was right. They covered safety info for 5 min and the rest of the time was about how a grown, overweight man, should be able to sleep in a crib. What??? Why would he want to sleep in a freaking crib! Might as well bring the kid to bed! As this man went on and on and on about there products he started beating on the chair thing. The not high chair, baby trap thingmajigger, and as he was beating up on it the thing BROKE!!! The guy tured many many various shades of red! Afterwords I appologized to my husband for weeks. Then I came across the article in the Baby Bargains book and felt so stupid! But now I know better!