PDA

View Full Version : One Step Ahead/The Right Start

sophiesmom
07-24-2002, 11:17 PM
I recently ordered an extra wide wooden gate from One Step Ahead. Our opening is 70". I saw an Evenflo gate for 30 something dollars that would fit on BRU website, but it looked rickety. I saw another one in the OSA catalog for $50 and it looked sturdier. I even emailed OSA and asked the manufacturer name, and they responded 'NuLine'...

I ended up ordering the more expensive one from OSA Well, the gate came today and it's the same Evenflo gate I saw on BRU, only $15 more! It's really not that great of a gate either..

I've found with The Right Start that they jack up their prices by sometimes double. I once bought a Sassy divided dish at The Right Start and later found it at Target for half the price. I'm a stay at home mom and can't really afford to pay inflated prices for baby products. I guess the same goes for OSA. I think from now on the catalogs will just go right in the trash once they come in the mail!

rachelfran
07-25-2002, 08:08 AM
usually those mags are great for ideas - then i buy elsewhere

egoldber
07-25-2002, 09:51 AM
I agree, they are always more expensive than "normal" retail. Sometimes, however, it is only a dollar or 2, in which case it may be worth the convenience of not having to actually go to the store. But, you also have to pay shipping. They do also have some items that are exclusive to them, like the OSA backpack diaper bag which is a wonderful design, but NOT for $80.

keli
08-12-2002, 03:42 PM
I recently started shopping at the Right Start and have found that compared to BRU the customer service is unbeatable. They are very knowledgable about their products. I choose to not shop at BRU specifically because no one knows what's going on. So I understand that the prices are a bit higher but I think it's well worth it.