PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Cruisers

Sheila
09-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Just a small vent re: Pampers Cruisers (aka the former Pampers premium diapers).

I recently started buying these instead of baby dry because I found that there is a $1.50 coupon in each jumbo pack and (in size 4, which we use) there are 40 per pack... only 2 less than the baby dry, so they are a better deal w/ the coupon.

But, I think Pampers is playing games w/ us because I bought 2 jumbo packs today. They both looked the same, but when I got them home, I noticed that one said 37 + 3 = 40, while the other said 34 + 3 = 37.

The whole "+3" gimmick is annoying in and of itself, but now to find that there are different amounts in same-size packages really irks me. What I'm wondering is, have they upped the packages to 40, or are they phasing it out and going to 37?

Check it out if you use these!

Sheila

PS - on a positive note, I really do love Pampers. Anyone else notice that the baby dry diapers are green now? What's up w/ that?

________
Ford Territory (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Territory)

egoldber
09-22-2002, 09:53 AM
It's funny you mention the "green" pampers. When I was in France a few months ago and was buying "Le Pampers Baby Dry", they were all like this. I have noticed the last couple packages I have bought here are the same thing. I guess this is the next "phase" of the Baby Dry evolution, LOL. :) They keep re-designing the Baby Dry to make them more "premium"-like. These seem to have a more cloth-like cover and the green tabs are more stretchy than the old BabyDry tabs were.

Also, I think the "+3" thing is a promotion they are running for the introduction of the whole "Swaddlers/Cruisers" thing. They won't do this forever. In the "old days" of premium, there was a always a big difference between the number of diapers in a Premium package vs a BabyDry package, and I would expect that to be true again in the not too distant future.

brubeck
09-23-2002, 06:46 PM
I buy the Cruisers and just switched to size 5. I have not noticed different amounts in the packages yet but I will keep a lookout for this!

The coupons I find in the packages always seem to be for Easyups, which I am not using yet. I am starting to toilet train my daughter but she is a long way physically from knowing she has to pee and going to the potty herself (hence I find the Easyups a waste of money so far). However I do have a LARGE collection of $2 off Easyups coupons. :-)

Last time I used Baby Dry they didn't have velcro tabs. Now that they have velcro and are more cloth-like (albeit green!) how are they different from the Cruisers? Is it only the Sesame Street characters and stretchy sides?

I am expecting my son to arrive in December and I was thinking of using the Baby Dry for him because the stretchy sides don't start until size 3 in the Cruisers. Anyone know any advantage to using Swaddlers over Baby Dry in sizes N, 1 and 2?

egoldber
09-23-2002, 07:48 PM
I think it's just a fit and preference thing. Some people need the "squishier" fit of the Premium to get the best fit for their baby. The sides are stretchier on BabyDry than they used to be, but nothing like the premiums. I never noticed a difference, so I just saved a bit of money. I don't think that there is a Newborn size in BabyDry.

Melanie
09-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Coupons?!?! I'm going to have to check out those bags before I toss them now!

Also, I've noticed the quantity differences, too. It makes it tough to shop around for the best price when BRU has a bulk box for a certain price, then you notice the package at Target has practically the same number.

Edited to add: I bought a package of 74+6=80 cruisers at Walmart today for $18.03. They also had the boxed cases of 80 for $20! I pointed this out to the mgr. when she price checked the box (no shelf price of course) and she said it's because she had to comparison shop at Target and they carried the same packages for less, so they had to lower the price of the packages. Target does not carry the cases, so it stayed the same.

Mommy to Jonah

Sheila
09-25-2002, 08:48 PM
Re: coupons. Yes, they used to put in a coupon for Easy Ups (I too have a ton of these saved for "someday"!) but lately the Cruisers jumbo packs have a Cruisers coupon ($1.50 off a jumbo pack). My grocery stores frequently put the jumbos on sale for $9.99, so they end up being a good deal w/ the coup.

As for cruisers vs. baby dry, I only ever used baby dry until recently. I feel like the cruisers may be a bit smaller, but they are definitely stretchier and softer. They are a snugger fit to the bottom, but I had never had leaks with baby dry, so it's not like they work better. So, at this point, I just buy whatever I have coupons for (since they have upped the number of diapers in the cruisers packs.... at least for now). I will prob go back to baby dry once they start putting less diapers in the cruisers packs.

I wonder if one is more comfortable than the other?? Too bad my daughter can't tell me. :)

Sheila

________
Airsoft Spring (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/spring)

Gagesmom
10-08-2002, 11:31 AM
I buy Pampers Cruisers (size 4) from my Sam's Club, a box of 120 for around 20 bucks. It's worth it to buy a membership just for the diaper prices.