PDA

View Full Version : BAD customer service at Graco

dd_ani
10-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Ok, maybe I just talked to one jerk, but I think Graco customer service is a joke. Yes, you can get extender straps for your SnugRide (although that remains to be seen since I have not yet recieved them), but expect the third degree IF you can even get through.

After 3 attempts at phoning to get the extender kit for our two seats (no, you can't get these online, ladies and gents), and never being able to because they were always "experiencing a high volume of calls" I finally got through today. Then, after 20 minutes on hold, I recieved the third degree from one of the rudest twits.

First, she wanted to know how much the baby weighs. "I think around 17 or 18 lbs" "Well, you shouldn't need the extender if she only weighs 17 lbs. And if she is any bigger, you should just buy another seat, because she will only outgrow this one. It only goes up to 20lbs."

I explained that dd is only 8 months and well within their specified ranges, which I was well aware of. (And maybe some kids fit into the straps fine up until the weight limit, but they are certainly not taking into account snowsuits and why would they even offer the strap extensions if this was never a problem??????!!)

THEN, she wanted to know how tall the baby is. "I don't know, she has not been to the doctor lately." By this time, the baby is beginning to get bored while Mommy is otherwise occupied and beginning to scream.

"Well, how tall was the baby when it was born?" asks customer service twit. "I think around 20 inches, I don't really remember for certain right at this moment," I answer, juggling baby in one arm and phone in other hand and trying to open cookie packet at the same time while dd is voicing strong objections and grabbing at phone.

THIS, however is the kicker. "Well," says customer service twit. "If you are trying to tell me that your baby has grown less than 6 inches in the last 8 months, there is something wrong with her and you should take her to the doctor." I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Graco customer service reps, in addition to being trained to be jerks were also qualified to give medical advice on my daughter's growth.

The long and the short of it is that they are reluctantly sending the requested strap extenders. But basically, according to Graco, you shouldn't need them because either your baby should fit, in which case there is something wrong with its growth, or it needs a bigger seat. What a bunch of jerks.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Michelle

egoldber
10-22-2002, 09:37 PM
I hope you got her name. You should write a long lengthy letter to her supervisor. (Even if you didn't get her name, you should still write a letter.) That was absolutely inexcusable.

mamahill
10-22-2002, 11:59 PM
That is RIDICULOUS! I agree with Beth - a letter is in order. Ever since a bad experience with a company long ago, I make it a point to always ask the rep's name before I even get into the conversation. When you write, make sure to let them know that you are part of an online community where opinions are shared. Such disrespect should not be tolerated. Thank you for sharing - if I ever need to call Graco about something, I will remember this incident.