PDA

View Full Version : Long wait at Sears Portrait Studio

nigele
11-12-2002, 09:01 PM
I waited an hour today to have my 4 month old DS's portraits taken at Sears. I saw another Mom leaving and asked her how long she waited before having her pictures taken and she said she'd been waiting 2 hours and they hadn't even called her yet. I was not about to wait another hour with my hungry, tired baby so I insisted on speaking to the manager to complain about the wait. I told her I did not intend to leave empty handed and was not about to wait any longer. She gave me a coupon for 3 free portrait sheets to make up for it. Even though I like free things, it just doesn't make up for all the time it takes to dress your baby, get them ready to out, make sure they don't drool all over their new outfit, etc., in addition to keeping them entertained while you wait. Arrrrgh.......

brubeck
11-13-2002, 07:29 PM
I completely agree with you, although I think Sears did everything they could. These places run on 'baby time' and as a Mom whose child has not co-operated with the photo taking I can confirm that sometimes it takes longer than they plan. 2 hours is ridiculous though!

I also encounter this problem at the doctor's office. My solution is that any appointment that includes my baby be made for FIRST THING in the morning. If I get the first appointment of the day I may have to drag us all out of the house early, but I am not waiting for any other babies to finish up before mine. Worst comes to worst I feed my baby breakfast while we are waiting.

If you can't get the first appointment of the day, first appointment of the afternoon (ie: after lunch) also works well, especially at the pediatrician's office.

nigele
11-20-2002, 08:36 AM
Just a rant here - I booked an appointment last week for the manager of another Sears' store to do our portraits. We have our appointment this morning. WHY is this the day poor DS decided to make a HUGE scratch on his face?! I do my best to keep his nails cut, but they are constantly growing!!! Also, I thought it would be nice to have portraits done of the two of us as a Christmas gift for DH. It figures this week I grew two pimples on my face! (I haven't had a pimple in years!)

Life can be so annoying!

jojo2324
11-20-2002, 11:00 AM
Me too! We aren't going to get our portraits taken, but a photographer friend of ours wanted to snap a few shots this week. And DS has a huge scratch on his nose and I just sprouted a pimple...What gives?