PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Rant!!! Part 2

abigailsmom
11-13-2002, 12:43 AM
Ladies... I almost did it... I almost had to kill a lab tech! Problem is I don't know who to choke. For those of you that read my first post and gave me advice I appreciate it, but guess what? My angel had to have her PKU done again... yes that was the THIRD time! I really want to find out who screwed up her tests and KILL them. I was just beginning to forget that look of pain and confusion on her face and then we had to do it again today. However, instead of taking 45 minutes it took 15.

My ped. called us at home yesterday to tell us and I think the poor man was scared to tell me. This time DH went with me, but it is still the most horrific thing for me to have to do to her. She looks to me to love and protect her and then she looks at me when they are pricking her heals FOUR times like... "Mommy why aren't you protecting me?" DH likes to remind me that it could be worse and I know that, but it is so damn hard when you can't explain why Mommy's letting someone hurt them...

Well I'm going to try and forget this horrible day and move on the the next... thanks for letting me rant!

Robyn
Abigail Marie's Mom 8/14/02

mama2be
11-13-2002, 11:51 AM
Robyn,

This is alot easier to say then actually swollow myself...but just try to think about what your DH said...it could be so much worse...(I know that doesn't help)...

But just one walk on a child oncology ward (child cancer ward) or something like that reminds us all of what we take for granted and how much worse it could be on our little ones...

I only say this (and again reiterate easier said than followed)...but I only say this because you need support and that is the only thing I can think of that might rest your mind some...

Thank god we have test that are virtually so simple now a days, and most importantly in this country...

Does that help??? I used to work in the ER at a huge trauma center in Virginia and I know it kills parnets to even see their childs blood drawn and you can't tell them this but you soooo much want to let them know "thank god your child is able to get their blood drawn and go home"...I have just seen soooooo much, and will spare details...I will have to remind myself of this once my baby is born...