PDA

View Full Version : A split in a new Crib. GRRRRRRRRRR

jubilee
01-19-2003, 01:36 AM
That looks pretty bad and maybe it's just a visual defect, but when it's your baby in it, and your baby's safety at stake, I wouldn't take the chance personally. What if it spreads as baby becomes an active jumping toddler? Too late then to change. I'd bite the bullet and look into another crib.

Momof3Labs
01-19-2003, 10:07 AM
We also have a Sorelle crib (also a changing table), and here's what you need to do:

Call Sorelle. They will ask you to fax a copy of your receipt, and will need to know the model # and manufacture date of the crib (info is on a sticker down near the drawer). They will ship out a replacement part for free - you will have it in less than a week. You can probably get the missing bolts and nuts, too.

We had to do this with a piece of our crib, and also a piece of our changing table. Sorelle was very easy to work with.

Hope this helps!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

flagger
01-19-2003, 11:13 AM
>We also have a Sorelle crib (also a changing table), and
>here's what you need to do:
>
>Call Sorelle. Sorelle was very easy to work with.
>
>Hope this helps!

Thanks Lori, what a relief to read about this morning (about Sorelle being easy to work with). My only worry comes from the fact that it is such a big piece (what will become the headboard when it converts. I hope they don't balk at shipping and they have one in stock. I would hate to wait 3 months for a new piece to be shipped (the store has only the floor model left). I am sure they can get me the replacement parts as well. Just four little wing nuts and bolts.

We both really like the style we picked out and were just frustrated and resigned to restart our search for a new crib. In the light of the morning, we noticed a split on the right side as well down at the bottom and in the middle of the beam. Not going to chance our baby's safety.

We will call first thing Monday (or Tuesday if they close for the holiday).

Flagger

(I guess you could also me dadof3weims ;) www.flaggshipweims.com)

flagger
08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Here are some shots of the back of the crib or what will become a headboard once it converts into a regular bed. The Sorelle Stacie.

On the left hand side, Ms. Flagger noticed defect in the wood like a split in the wood. It does not go all the way through to the back and does not pass through the hole to attach the hardware. It almost looks like a scratch.

On the bottom of the split/scratch it is about 1/4" from the side (SPLIT1.jpg) meaning it does not go through to the outside of the wood. Cannot tell how deep this is.

On one hand, we don't think it will affect safety, but we don't know. We are kind of emotionally attached. This was the last one they had in stock (on clearance). Don't know if we can have just that part shipped, or we can see if we can take the piece off of the display model.

This was NOT sold AS IS. Part of us says, see if we can get money back because of this. Other part says, we spent that much money on it, it better damn well be perfect.

We won't even get into the missing bolts and wing nuts issue or the fact that the instructions are for a different style of crib all together. At least their in some semblance of English. :)

Any advice, input from the parents would be appreciated.