PDA

View Full Version : Just Venting

mcmorfit
01-29-2003, 08:09 AM
AHHHH!!!

My DH is going to sunny CA today for a gig and wouldn't you know it, the pipes in our little charming cottge have frozen. The last time he went away, the septic tank need to be replaced - is this a pattern?

As Gilda Radner said - "It is always something". Thank you for letting me vent.

Ellen
EDD: 2/23/03

etwahl
01-29-2003, 11:07 AM
I hate to tell you, but yes, it's a pattern. Every time DH goes away, major stuff happens. The first time he deployed (6 months), four days later I moved into our first house (they wouldn't close earlier). And on the close date, the bank wasn't prepared, so we ended up having to "rent-back" for several days. I also discovered we needed a new dryer because ours was electric and our house had gas. Let's see, I'm probably blocking a lot of the issues from that deployment, so I'll move onto the next!

2nd deployment - had a MAJOR flood at New Year's not one hour after my parents left. Pipe in the kitchen broke and hot water spewing all over the hard wood floors. I didn't know how to turn the water off (good lesson, always KNOW this) and it ended around $13K in damage. Had to have all the floors replaced, walls repaired, house repainted, etc. Same day had the upstairs toilet start spewing water from the top of the tank, and also same day, had the fridge start dripping water. I now have severe post-traumatic water syndrome. I refuse to run the dishwasher unless I'm there to hear it, etc. About a month before he came home, the dishwasher stopped draining, so another water fear came up. Had the tires rotated (by the dealer) and was driving to meet a friend and it sounds like helicopters flying above. Instead it was the wheel(s) ready to fly off as they hadn't tightened them properly.

And those are just to name a few! I just know that almost the second I say goodbye to him, something happens. You just learn to expect it and roll with it. Look at it positively, it makes you a stronger person :) And sometimes you can manipulate some jewelery out of the deal :) :) :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

mcmorfit
01-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Eh gads Tammy.

My little frozen pipes are peanuts compared to this! I hope you are taking something for your "severe post-traumatic water syndrome" - very funny.

Ellen
EDD: 2/23/03