PDA

View Full Version : Baby Catalog Vent

C99
02-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Och! I am so pissed! I ordered a Baby Catalog membership a few days ago so that I could get 10% of a 2003 Mac stroller. But now the Web site reads that the Macs won't ship until MAY and I can't wait that long. So now I'm stuck with a BC membership that doesn't make sense. GRRRR!

Caroline

etwahl
02-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I would call them and tell them you want to cancel your membership and your order. Tell them that it was deceptive because it didn't say it wouldn't ship until May when you ordered it. Also tell them that if they don't cancel both, that you will mostly certainly broadcast their poor customer service and business ethics on these boards. That might help.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

DDowning
02-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Oh Man Caro - That does bite! I hope you are able to get out of it. Did you charge it? Can you dispute it with your CC company?

Deidra
Carson EDD 6-9-03

stillplayswithbarbies
02-05-2003, 02:05 PM
They canceled my membership when I realized they did not apply the discount to the Dutalier that I ordered. They should have told me at the time I ordered the membership and the Dutalier that it would not apply. Especially since I told them that was the reason I was getting the membership.

I think their whole "membership" thing is deceptive.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Logan Bartholomew, EDD March 21

alandenisefields
02-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Caroline,

Thanks for using our message boards.

We don't think it's fair to blame Baby Catalog for the Maclaren ship date. Maclaren and other European manufacturers are notorious for promising to ship by a certain date then completely missing their promised time frame. All catalogs and web sites are at the mercy of their suppliers as to when they're going to ship goods. We don't doubt that the folks at Baby Catalog will be willing to refund your membership. But blaming them for something out of their control hardly seems fair.

best wishes,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

C99
02-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Well, when I posted, I didn't know that it was an issue with Maclaren and not with Baby Catalog. There isn't an explanation anywhere on the Baby Catalog site that says that it's a manufacturer issue.

LD92599
02-11-2003, 08:56 PM
This isn't re: Baby Catalog but about the Mac you were looking to order....which one were you looking at? We just received our 2003 Mac Techno XT in Scarlet...pleased just looking at it set up in the living room, though I know we won't be using it for months! We ordered it from Larrys in NJ http://www.ilarrys.com/

Laura
Due: Feb 26th, 2003

C99
02-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Ack! Don't tell me that - I just bought the 2002 Global Traveller today, since every distributor I talked to said that they wouldn't have the 2003 Global until May. And unfortunately, since my child arrived 5 weeks early, I can't wait until May.

JuliMom
02-21-2003, 11:40 PM
I have to add that my experiences over the past 2 years with BabyCatalog have been nothing but wonderful. After finding them in Baby Bargains we ordered nearly everything we needed from them - from complete Nursery furniture, to bedding, to the Dutalier - and continuing on now with toddler items such as safety items, etc. We even visited their showroom when I was pregnant (it was worth the 4 hour drive!).

I have yet to find better prices or shipping times (and I have spent countless hours comparing), and my membership has been a wonderful part of that. We have saved over a thousand dollars I am sure! Their customer service has always been exceptional as well... I hope you have the same experience with them once the stroller situation is cleared up!:)

Best of luck!
Linda