PDA

View Full Version : Our kid is awaaaaaaaaake

jojo2324
02-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Whine whine whine...Gannon is waking up earlier and earlier every day. He was up this morning at 5:45. :( And it just ain't happening on my end. I have never ever been a morning person. Every paper I wrote in school, every test I crammed for, was all during an all-nighter, and I would always be fine. I usually start cleaning the house around 8 o'clock at night. And I have been known to sleep as late as 11 or 12. :'(

Now, to be completely honest, and you can all think of me what you want because I am too tired to care, I usually bring him into bed with us. Not for the benefits of co-sleeping, though that acts as a good guise, but because I am LAZY and don't want to go up and down the hallway all during the wee hours. Insert embarrassed/sheepish face here. Actually, this whole night nurse thread has me very intrigued.

Anyway, when he awakes in the morning I try stuffing my boob at him to get him back to sleep, but it's not cutting it anymore. He is up and VERY shrill. So Shawn and I made a deal. We switch off each day who wakes up with him so that his ideal "learning" time is not stifled. Well, you can guess where papa bear is right now. And I know I shouldn't really complain, because three months ago he let me sleep as late as I want, but wasn't sleeping at all during the day and going to bed late at night. So I guess this is the trade-off.

One more thing...We have a roomie, and he is a night owl as well. It is getting increasingly difficult to be quiet in the mornings, and I feel just awful, because I try to respect his space and quiet time as much as possible. If he wasn't here, I could go about my chores and holler at Shawn to come on down and make me breakfast, but I am limited in my activities. (No real housecleaning...Wouldn't mind getting that on a different schedule.) Okay, that is all for now. Thanks for letting me grouse. Off to brave the peaches once more! :D

nigele
02-11-2003, 08:51 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Tom Tom wakes at 5:00 every morning. Today he decided to get Mommy up at 4:30. Ugh...!

bnme
02-11-2003, 09:04 AM
I feel for you!
I have the same but opposite problem. I like to go to bed early but the little one keeps me up! I am used to being up early to catch the train to work so 5am, even 4am is not a big deal to me. But when his eyes are wide open at Midnight...........

Last night he didn't get to bed until 12 when I was hoping for more like 10-but then he slept until 5am, his longest stretch since coming home.

:)

And I would bring him to bed with me, too, except my yellow lab already owns the spot between me and hubby! We decided not to break her from this habit to help us keep the baby out of the bed. My in-laws frequently took baby to bed, just to calm him not with an actual intent to co-sleep,and at 3 he is still there!

The worst thing is that I can't go back to sleep -he got up at 5 but was back asleep by 6 and still snoozing. If I could do the same. Maybe I wouldn't be so tired at 10pm -but once I'm up, I am up.
Oh well. Maybe we should switch for a day

:)

Shirale
02-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Yup, I feel for you guys!! This whole baby sleep thing is just the pits....Amira goes to bed with no proble, same time every night...but also wakes up same time every night screaming...and this morning got up a full hour and a half earllier than usual...argh. I put her on the floor of my bedroom, closed the door and tried to sleep, but not that she walks it is a whole different story...oh well.
Sleepless in NY

newbelly2002
02-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Must be something in the air.

Dante has been--to date--a great trooper in the nighttime sleep dept. Basically 8:00-7:0 AM. He has a cold and is teething now and all bets are off. I was woken this morning to a shrill screaming at 4:47 AM. I don't think my Benedryl (baby cold=mama cold)from the night before had even completely worn off yet. DH and I are taking shifts. I got the 4:47-6:20 then crawled back to bed while he took the 6:20-8:00 AM.

All this by way of saying, I feel for you Joanne et al. I really really really (yawn, lost my place where was I?) really do.

Paula