PDA

View Full Version : Just need to rant....USA Baby, Sorelle and the weather LONG

flagger
02-20-2003, 07:32 PM
I am so fed up with USA Baby I could scream. As you have been following earlier, we bought a Sorelle on clearance from them back at the end of January. Upon construction of the crib, we found splits in both posts of the stationary side of the convertible crib. It will become the headboard of a toddler bed.

Called C&T and they told us that they couldn't ship the piece directly because of the size and weight. They told us to have USA Baby order it. Went back to USA Baby and the person who deals with the manufacturers wasn't in that day. Called him the next week and he had been assured by C&T that the part was in fact in stock and they were expecting a shipment from them. USA Baby did say we could have our piece back so we could get the nursery ready and I tried to explain the idiocy and non desire on our part of putting together something that will have to be taken apart again soon.

I called two weeks ago and got assurances that the piece would be in by March 1st. We were at a soup and salad place last Tuesday near there and I stopped in after lunch (Ms. Flagger had gone back to work). They had in fact received a shipment from C&T but it wasn't on that truck. The owner called and was told they had missed the shipment when the new part had originally been asked for. They again told me it would be in by March 1st...BUT could I contact USA Baby on the 25th of February to remind them. I was so furious at this thought that I was ready to take the whole damn crib back as it stands now and get my money back. However we both are pretty attached to the crib.

So our nursery sits in limbo with a crib that is 70% constructed. To top everything off, the weather has been too wet or too rainy every weekend and we have been unable to work in the garage on sanding and staining the new furniture for the nursery.

The only saving grace in all of this is we received a nice tax refund from the state of NC and we can afford to get a chest of drawers made to match the other two pieces of furniture we had built. Plus I get to have my 63 year old chest of drawers refinished.

kathsmom
02-21-2003, 02:05 AM
Flagger,

I know you are so frustrated!! Does the USA Baby store have another model of the Sorelle crib you bought? I know you said you bought it on clearance, but sometimes, they will have more than one of the item. If they do, would they be willing to just exchange your entire crib for another one (if they have the same model that is not damaged)?

I am so sorry that you are having this problem. If it doesn't work out with USA Baby and the manufacturer, would you be willing to return it and get a different crib from another store?

Good luck with everything and I hope this all works out soon!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

MartiesMom2B
02-21-2003, 10:12 PM
I sympathize. We just got our dresser today from USA Baby and of course they were late. See if you can get a refund due to the poor service that you've received. Talk to a manager. We received a 25% refund on our dresser because of their screw up. I know how you feel about the crack.

We also just got our 3rd, yes 3rd drop down rail, from C&T, the replacement rail that they sent was for an older model of the crib. So now we have to take the crib down to replace it. What is it with Sorelle cribs and cracks?

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

flagger
02-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Ms. Flagger just called Sorelle and was advised that the stationary crib piece missed the shipment AGAIN. They had one go out to USA Baby last week and it was not on that truck. We are going to USA Baby tomorrow as planned since we eat lunch next door and are going to advise them that we are posting on every board we know to never do business with them or Sorelle again.

I was told that it would be here by March 1st and if it missed a shipment that USA Baby would call Sorelle and have them Fed-ex it to us. I will never give USA Baby any of our business and give Sorelle/C&T a F- when it comes to customer service after the sale.

Yes we are pretty set on this crib, but at this point we may have to go with another crib manufacturer depending on what happens at USA Baby tomorrow.

MartiesMom2B
02-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Flagger:

I would return the crib if I were you. I know that you guys had your heart set on it, but this is ridiculous. We received our refund from USA Baby yesterday. We were going to spend it on a mattress there, but I didn't like their selection and had them put the refund on our check card so we could get a mattress at BRU.

Good luck with them!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

mama2be
02-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Now you have about 3 months to go...so there is time...and you really like the crib.

I don't have any great advice but just want to make certain you don't act impulsively (I have been guilty of that), make sure you would really want to cancel if you do. That does not mean that you are giving in to accepting them...but it does give you what you want. Maybe negotiate some money off for the huge inconvenience...

I just don't want you to lose out by trying tot each them a lesson if that makes sense...But I sure as H#)) would make them work for that money...they can check it...they can drop it off...they can assemble...they can throw in a free something...

peanut4us
02-25-2003, 01:47 AM
If you do decide to return your current crib, consider going with a Bonavita crib. From what I've seen (when I poured oever the catalogs of Sorelle and Bonavita), there's a lot of design cross-over between the different Italian manufacturers.

We bought a Bonavita Carla model in cherry. It's gorgeous, extremely easy to put together, no flaws, smooth rail, etc. I haven't heard people complaining about cracks, etc. with Bonavitas.

I don't know if you have already purchased a dresser or combo or what your plans were for that, but if you haven't and you don't like the case pieces from Bonavita (which we didn't), remember you can order case pieces from Mother Hubbard Cupboards or Rumbletuff to match the exact finish of your crib.

Side note--we found the quality of Rumbletuff case pieces to be lesser than MHC. MHC dealers are harder to find though, but excellent quality. BTW the MHC cribs are not actually made by MHC, just sold with their name, so don't be scared of the negative press on the boards here about MHC cribs.

Whew! In any case, you've got time and options. Sometimes a little sacrifice is required. My hubby chose to drive 3 hours to pick up our dresser instead of getting it at our local rip-off, bad service yucky dealer!

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

flagger
02-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Ok. I took the piece with the splits home today and I got their assurance that they would deliver the new piece and change it out when it arrives. They know I want to bring the crib back but Neve is right we do have some time. Even for an infant who doesn't move the splits are not structurally damaging. It will be a problem when she is older. However, as long as they do this, I can accept it. They feel pretty bad about the whole situation.

Sorelle would NOT send it by separate carrier, it is a rather large piece. USA Baby here in Charlotte is at the whim of C&T who is at the whim of the Italian manufacturers.

The manager did also sell me a Denim Baby Bjorn with Extra Long Straps regularly $82.99 for 49.99!