PDA

View Full Version : Night waking, trouble going back to sleep (Mommy!)

COElizabeth
02-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Ugh. Lately I have had lots of trouble going back to sleep after feeding James in the middle of the night. I have been up since before 3 this morning. I lie awake tossing and turning with my mind racing thinking about all the things I should or want to do that I will then be too tired to do today! Back when James was first born and waking up constantly, I could fall back asleep anytime, any position, almost instantly because I was so exhausted. Now that I get a bit more sleep, I can't do it anymore, at least not always.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

egoldber
02-26-2003, 09:45 AM
This happens to me sometimes too. I find that when my mind is racing like that, it helps to get up and make a list. That way I know I won't forget what I've been worrying about and it "sometimes" helps me to get back to sleep sooner. For me this usually happens when something is coming up, like a trip or if we are having a party, or if I am stressed or worried for any reason.

Good luck!

Rachels
02-26-2003, 10:32 AM
I know-- it's the worst. Try Rescue Remedy or Bach's White Chestnut. Both help with mind-racing sleeplessness.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

atlbaby
02-26-2003, 11:25 AM
What is Rescue Remedy? Sounds promising! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

Rachels
02-26-2003, 11:40 PM
It's a flower remedy by Bach. I have no idea how it works, but it actually does seem to be calming. You put a few drops under your tongue. It also helps with milk letdown. I've used it while pumping once in a while because I don't let down well for the pump. I've also put a few drops in Abigail's bath or on her skin when she's wired, and she settles. Works on freaked-out cats, too. I put it in their water dish. You can get this stuff at Whole Foods.

This falls into the category of things I never tried or knew anything about before getting pregnant. But the more I read and learn and try things, the more solutions I find to irritating little problems. It's worth a try.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02