PDA

View Full Version : Grrr. Went to the Baby Faire. Hate the Baby Faire.

Rachels
03-01-2003, 05:03 PM
It was total, noisy chaos. Abigail was really excited at first, but melted down after about 15 minutes in that madhouse. I couldn't get close enough to many exhibits to actually see anything. Also, they did NOT have any of the strollers I wanted to look at, growl, snarl. We grabbed a few coupons and a newspaper and got our of there.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
03-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Sorry you didn't have a good time! My DD doesn't do well in really crowded, noisy situations either. My playgroup had a group first birthday party at Gymboree. Well, 20 babies and 40 parents in one Gymboree play area made for a VERY unhappy Sarah. She cried almost the whole time. :(

gour0
03-01-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm so sorry that didn't work out for you two! I hope the rest of your weekend goes better.

kfcboston
03-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Sorry it didn't work out for you. DH and I went yesterday, and I found it to be much what I expected, although actually less crowded. I'm thinking maybe the driving rain kept people away?? Anyway, I assume it's a TOTALLY different ballgame without kids, which we are (until any minute!), so we found it more easily tolerable. And I must admit, it was worth it for me SOLELY for the baby derby. How hilarious!!

Katie
EDD w/ #1 -- 3/7/03!!

Rachels
03-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Yes, last year I went on Sunday in the rain, and it was much better. I could actually get to the display booths (which I thought were better last year, too). I do think it's much harder with a baby. I'm glad I went while I was pregnant, though!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02