PDA

View Full Version : Missing our swimming lesson

Rachels
03-03-2003, 12:24 PM
...and will continue to, probably, because Abigail has shifted her nap schedule. The people at the Y will not let us sit in on another class. I could understand this if there were instruction involved, but this is just splashing. The teacher is on;y even involved for 10 minutes. So what's the difference if there's one more baby in the pool? Grrrrrr.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

gour0
03-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Maybe legal reasons? Liability and so on? Not sure. Could be that they're just mean. X(

flagger
03-03-2003, 12:56 PM
The laws for lifeguards vary on a state to state basis.

Ms. Flagger having been both a lifeguard and a co-ordinator for our old neighborhood swimming pool said there was a Texas law stating so many children in the pool per lifeguard. If there were more children at the pool that day, everyone would have to get out (children) until another lifeguard could show up.

I would imagine it is even more strict for babies as far as how many in the pool at once.

Rachels
03-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Good point. But they wouldn't check for me to see which classes were filled and which weren't. I know ours isn't.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ecarley
03-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Have you actually talked to the aquatics manager or someone else who's really in charge? (Not just a receptionist or lifeguard on duty.) They might be able to make the change, it's probably just a policy to not to let people switch around. It could get really aggravating if every mom decided to change her time every couple weeks.

At the very least, ask if you can get an account credit to use for next session. They might surprise you and not be mean after all!

Rachels
03-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Thanks. I'm a reasonable person, I swear. I was just frustrated and the woman I spoke to was so gruff and rude. I did send an email to the aquatics director.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02