PDA

View Full Version : Sears portrait studio rant!

AngelaS
03-04-2003, 05:46 PM
I went to Sears today to get the girls' pictures taken together. We're having a bit of a snowstorm so I was five minutes late. My appointment was for 12:30 and I got there at 12:35. No biggie, there's one employee, no one in the waiting room and she's in the middle of a shoot...

The people in there had a 3 mo old baby and took FOREVER! Halfway thru, the phone rang, so the employee answered it. When she went back to the room, they were feeding the baby so she came out to get my info. That was about 1pm.

When they finally got done (after spending about 20 minutes buying the advertised package!!!), the employee went to take info from what must have been the 1:30 appointment (it was now 1:35!) . I got my girls ready to go. She came to me and asked if I was ready. I pointed out I had an appointment and had just waited an HOUR and I needed to go home and give my baby a nap (she was starting to fuss).

The woman tried to tell me I was late (yeah, FIVE minutes!) and then let it slip that the people I'd been waiting on, were also late, an HOUR late in fact! They were the 11:30 appointment and didn't show up until my time so they went first. In the past I'VE been told that my baby was not cooperative and that I would need to reschedule! GRRR.... But I was forced to reschedule!

And the part that's a kicker---when she was taking my info earlier, I said I wanted ALL the pics of the girls TOGETHER since I'd just had individuals done. She tried to convince me to have them done separately too. I had to tell her NO repeatedly! Then when G's melting down and I'm leaving she tries to tell me that it will only take a few minutes and we can still do the shoot! NOT!

So, I didn't get pictures today and I'm pretty livid. I will no longer be going to the Ames Sears and therefore am telling ALL my friends about the crummy service I received! Anybody ever tried Target?? I'll let you know if I like it!

The another really annoying thing is that I have their smilesavers card---I just got it in August and since that time, they're specials have gone to pot along with their coupons. GRRR!
Angela

August Mom
03-05-2003, 12:33 AM
I think it may depend on the Sears studio you frequent. Is there another in your area? You might have better luck there. I hate for you to waste your Smilesavers plan. Also, I was told at my Sears studio that there are more workers there after noon. If the same is true in your area, you might have better luck with a later appointment. I have been very pleased overall with my Sears experience, although I do believe they are understaffed. Plus, I've had really great coupons. I have gotten $3.99 portrait sheets both times I've gone so it's hard to beat the price.

I haven't used Target personally, but I have a friend who has used both Target and Sears. She prefers Sears. She told me that her main complaint about Target is that you cannot see the photos after the session. Target gives you a date a couple of weeks later for you to come back and see your proofs and then decide which poses you want to order.

hellollama
03-10-2003, 11:26 AM
I just thought I would say that my target did not make you come back to see the pictures. They were computerized and you got to see the immediately. I really liked the job they did too. Unfortunately, the target portrait studio closed so now I have to go to Sears

AngelaS
03-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Well, as a followup---we went to JCPenneys on Friday and got some AWESOME pictures! She got 5 great shots of both of my girls in under 15 minutes!! I love the fact that they had more than one person working, one answered phones and checked people out, three different people were taking pictures, etc! It was SO nice and the pictures ARE so cute!

And I'll get them back in two weeks instead of three or more like it takes Sears! :D