PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh ahhhh....feelin' groovy....

jojo2324
03-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Those blasted GAP commercials!! They are driving me insane! Did Gap just spend a ludicrous amount of money to air those every commercial break, or are there really no other commercials out there??

Points of contention:

- slender ladies running around (HA! I am not slender, nor will I be until I get my rear to the gym, and that ain't happenin' until the babe is in college and by then I won't care anymore anyway.)

- with long flowing CLEAN hair (HA! Do many mothers wear their hair down? I sure don't...Gannon would rip out my eyelashes if given the opportunity. And the implication that these ladies have time to shower gets my goat too.)

- and freshly pressed khakis (HA! I am currently wearing pajama bottoms that double as pants. I wore them throughout my pregnancy. They are completely wrinkled. I repeat, these are pj bottoms. I wear them out in public all the time. If I could wear my slippers out, I would do that too.)

- and nice crisp white shirts (HA! I am not even going to continue with this though. I was fully puked on today. Shawn burst out laughing and tried just a smidge to hide it from me, but I was covered from head to toe with puke.)

-some of which are unbuttoned down to THERE or scrunched up to HERE (HA! Long gone are the days of exposed midriff, unless people want to believe that I stuffed a cantaloupe down my pants and am letting it hang out...Or better yet, that a couple of slightly inflated pancakes are running around free in my blouse.)

and finally...

-that song!!! It has been stuck in my head now for about a week, so well done Gap. Kudos to your clever ad execs. You have done your job. Tomorrow I am going to go to your store and spend oodles of money on a pair of pants so that I too can feel groovy. Now off to the sooper dooper groovy little hair-pulling puker who is my excuse for dishevelment...G'night! :D

cara1
03-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Hysterically laughing over here....Honestly, though, I haven't seen the ad, but have heard it on in the background enough times to be annoyed. Simon and Garfunkle wrote a great song...why did they go and ruin it?

JMarie
03-11-2003, 07:09 PM
OMG - I could not stop laughing! I have this vision of Gano just giggling away after spraying you with the soup of the day! I'm trying to feed Aidan here, and he's giving me this look, like I've lost my mind. I totally agree with you about the song-stuck-in-your-head deal - almost all the Gap ads for the past few years have struck me that way. I dream of the day when I can fit into khakis again like that, but I will have to wear a shirt that covers the tummy... No more Britney-wanna-be tummy for me... :(

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

Shirale
03-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Oh my G-d, Joanne- you are too funny!!!!!! LOL I am cracking up....even if my pre-preg clothes were to fit, which of course they most certainly do not, why on earth would I want them to be covered in throw up/dirt/snot etc etc etc....you are so right!!!!! And I totally sympathize re: the throw up...when Amira was sick last week, every single time she threw up she managed to get me or my bed, or both, her bed, her clothes...only got DH twice, darn it...I barely have time for laundry much less ironing...wrinkles are my fashion statement....

sweetbasil
03-13-2003, 09:45 AM
You're SOOOO funny- and so right! My sister was with me at Motherhood the other day, and their ad in the window has a pg gal with a half-buttoned midriff bearing white shirt (apparently her belly-table doesn't catch food quite like mine does) and low-front jeans on. Sis (who has never been pg. but is quite perceptive about these things) says, "Right, like anybody really wears their clothes like that!" We get in the store and she says, "It is SOOO hot in here!" Nice to have little reality checks along the way- especially when my hormones have me second-guessing if I'm just blowing things out of proportion....

kapow
03-13-2003, 11:39 AM
I finally saw the commercial last night. Aeeeiiiii, that song! It's from the devil!

MartiesMom2B
03-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Saw this commercial last night and realized it was the commercial that you were referring to and started laughing hysterically. DH thinks I'm mental now. He probably just assumes its the pregnancy hormones.

Hmmm I personally haven't shopped at the Gap since their annoying West Side story like commercials between the Khakis and the Jeans. Aaaaah! Flash backs!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03