PDA

View Full Version : Babi Italia customer service, not too good.

deepdrop
03-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi, I posted this in the Nursery Necessities section but now realize it probably should be in this section since I'm bitching about something.
We are expecting our first baby any day now. A couple of weeks ago we decided to buy a Babi Italia crib that we liked at Babies R Us. They didn't have it at our local store so I drove 45 minutes to the next closest store and picked it up. When I assembled it I noticed several gouge marks on one leg and a linear crush mark on a side stabilizer bar. I called Babies R Us and they offered a discount or the option to contact Babi Italia. kThey thought Babi Italia would have a rep come look at the damage. We wanted a non damaged crib so we contacted Babi Italia who asked us to send pictures which I did. They called back and offered us touch up paint. I pointed out that touch up paint would not fix gouges and crush damage. The rep agreed but said the only other thing she could do was offer me $25 in "baby dollars" whatever they are. I pointed out that the crush damage could be a structural problem. She said she understood but there was nothing she could do to help me. I asked if I could speak to a supervisor but was told that was impossible. At this point I did not want to take the crib apart and drive 45 minutes to find another crib. An exact replacement model for this specific crib would take weeks to months. I called Babies R Us and they gave us a 20% refund which was very nice of them, but if I had seen this as a floor model with the damage I described, I would not have bought it for 20% off. At this point it was my best option though. I guess I just wanted to point out that Babi Italia's customer service was not impressive at all and that Babies R Us was very helpful. I guess it also pays to get your crib well ahead of time!