PDA

View Full Version : My arms are about to fall OFF

mamahill
03-21-2003, 02:19 PM
So I knew I was doomed last night because Ainsleigh had two wonderful naps during the day and I actually felt like we had a great day - it was a zero Baby Mozart/Van Gogh/Dolittle/Shakespeare day! So of course I have trouble falling asleep and lo and behold my wonder sleeper decides to wake up at 1:30 am. After a few minutes of her moaning and "complaining," I realize she isn't going to fall back asleep, so I go into her room and pick her up so I can rock her. But my child won't be pacified by rocking, she likes me to do SQUATS with her. Not real deep, but still, after about 250 of those, the legs begin to shake.

Sometimes she likes me to walk circles in her room, but the nightlight projects my shadow on the walls and thus distracts her (read: she begins talking to it). So last night I'm half asleep, doing my pseudo-squats, thinking about what I have to do today, and WILLING her eyes to close (which they most certainly were NOT). I soon realize that I have been doing this for close to 40 minutes. So then I'm MAD. Well, frustrated. She's just laying there, eyes totally open. So I decide to lay her in her crib and let her fuss a little if need be.

So I'm leaning down to lay her in her crib and I feel these shooting pains in my arms. It was so bad, I thought I was going to start crying. I didn't, but Ainsleigh did. My biceps were CRAMPING! And I could NOT straighten them past, say 135 degrees. I swear I'm not that much of a wuss, but I have begun working out this week, so my muscles are already fatigued as it is. It was the most pathetic thing because I had to bend over to open the door and bend over again to hover by the bed to pull back the covers since my arm wouldn't straighten. Anyway, I'm rambling, but I ended up taking two Tylenol because an hour later I still couldn't fall asleep bc of the pain/ache. Ainsleigh and her daddy had long since fallen back asleep and here I was, wincing over my arms. All I wanted was to SLEEP. Well, I learned my lesson.

So apparently I can't hold my own child anymore. Or maybe I just shouldn't squat or "curl" with her. This b!tch is, therefore, directed at myself. This morning my arms are so sore, all I could do is lay Ainsleigh in her bed and apologize that I couldn't rock and sing to her, because I was afraid I was going to throw up from the pain.

If you're reading, thank you. This post has been therapeutic in any event.

jojo2324
03-21-2003, 03:04 PM
SEE?!?! I told you not to exercise...Serves you right! :D:D:D

Here's wishing you a better night's sleep. And since it's the weekend and a certain DH is able to sleep in tomorrow (or so he thinks), throw (if you can muster up the strength to do so) the bambino his way and rest easy!

atlbaby
03-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Aww, Sarah your poor arms (and thighs!) You don't need to workout if Ainsleigh likes you to do squats with her! It's so maddening when you are watching them NOT sleep and you are half (three quarters) asleep! Arielle just cut her last (YAY!) molar this week, (not like they are complete, I'm sure I'm not out of the woods!) so I've been there. Though she has *never* let me hold/rock her, so I always feel terrible being IN her room because she's miserable, but not able to hold her! I guess you'd have been happy with that situation last night though...I hope she's napping today (but not too much that she isn't tired tonight!)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

sweetbasil
03-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Oh, man, Sarah...I'm exhausted just READING about your post. I feel like I've gotten in my recommended daily exercises vicariously through you! I hope the ache was only immediate, and that by the time you woke up, the sleep and tylenol had kicked the aches for you. You deserve an exercise-free WEEK! :)