PDA

View Full Version : Lucy is fine, her Mom is NEUROTIC

mcmorfit
03-25-2003, 10:32 AM
I have a couple of things this fine, sunny morning.

First, let me just begin with the fact that I am a sleeper. I was the kid that fell asleep at the slumber party at 7. My little Lucy is following after her Mom - loves to sleep. Last night she went down around 8 and I followed shortly there after, having tried to stay awake the night before watching the Oscars - ha. So last night I wake up at 11:30 and I'm SURE she is going to wake up at any moment hungry, I'm using my nightlight to check her face and see if her tongue is out. I do this for for the next 2 and 1/2 hours. I felt like Shirley McClain's (sp?) character in Terms of Endearment when she thinks the baby isn't breathing, so she wakes her up. Finally at 2:00 she begins to grunt and I'm so happy, tired, but happy. Help me!

My second yack of the day is that my tailbone REALLY hurts. Has anybody else had tailbone pain after birth? After I have been sitting for a time, it is a major preduction for me to get up - very funny actually.

Okay, I think that is about it. Thank you, now that it is day light I'm going to save my batteries on my nightlight and just go stare at Lucy.

Ellen
Mamma to Lucy 2/27/03

Rachels
03-25-2003, 12:02 PM
LOL! I did that! It gets better. I know Sarah had tailbone pain. It can be quickly and ENORMOUSLY helped with chiropractic. Here's a link to Sarah's thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID30/538.html

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamahill
03-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Aaaack! Yes, I hear you on the tailbone. First of all, make an appointment with your doc and get that thing x-rayed. I had mine looked at and while it isn't that bad, it IS slightly bent to one side. Of course, I'm too lazy (and cheap) to go to a chiropractor, so I haven't tried that yet. BUT (no pun intended), I have noticed that exercising has really helped. Of course, it took me MONTHS to work up the nerve to consciously break a sweat, but I just wanted to add that. It looks like you're only a month PP, so I wouldn't even try to yet, outside of maybe some light walking and yoga.

Anyway, you're not alone in this. But definitely get some help. My only regret was waiting the 10 months or so that I did...

mcmorfit
03-25-2003, 07:40 PM
I just read your posts and have a date with a chiropractor on Thursday. He must deal with a lot of pregnancy posterior patients as he said that his receptionist watches the babies while he works on mom.

Ellen
Mamma to Lucy 2/27/03

Rachels
03-26-2003, 11:03 AM
I asked my chiro about this last night. He said tailbone subluxation is really common after a birth, and is generally very quick and easy to fix.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mcmorfit
03-28-2003, 06:39 PM
I am now a believer in chiropractors!

I went yesterday and feel so much better. I went in intially for my tailbone, but found out that a couple of other things are out of whack - so back they went in again. I felt great and when I came out little Lucy was in the recption area being cooed at by three women. all in all a good appointment.

Rachels
03-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Yay! Glad it helped!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02