PDA

View Full Version : No use crying over spilled milk?

COElizabeth
03-26-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm now trying to save up EBM to (attempt to) feed James after I have my bone scan on my foot next week. Depending on who I listen to, I need a 12 to 48 hour supply. I think I am going with 24 hours because that's the Nuclear Regulatory Commission recommendation. Anyway, my single Medela Mini-Electric has been fine until now for my very occasional, small pumping needs (couple of ounces at a time). But this AM I worked so hard to get 2 ounces and then set it down to pick up James, who thought he should still get more (I had fed him first). Then I saw that 3/4 of the milk had spilled out. So now I have to wash the sheets, comforter, and probably mattress pad, because we all know how that will smell in a day or two. And I am starting the day way behind on my pumping effort. Would you believe two places that rent are totally out of pumps? Splurging on buying a new, double pump - Whittlestone if I can find it - is on my list today!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

josephsmom
03-26-2003, 12:55 PM
I hear you. I nursed and pumped for 10 months, and very little bothered me as much as wasted milk. If I spilled any, or if DH would accidentally leave a bottle out too long, I would be devastated. We work too hard for that stuff! Please do splurge on a better pump. I rented a Medela Lactina and it worked great for me. I hope all goes well with this and with your bone scan.

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

nigele
03-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble. EBM is so precious and I feel like crying whenever mine goes to waste! Hang in there and keep searching for pumps to rent. Try the hospitals and also call La Leche - they may be able to refer you to somebody. Good luck!