PDA

View Full Version : Crate and Barrel Sucks!

Magda
03-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Tried to shop at Crate and Barrel today. BUT they wouldn't let me use the elevator. They told me an employee has to help me up and down the stairs. There are like 7 sets of steps in this store. It was so stupid.

Elaine

MartiesMom2B
03-27-2003, 10:44 PM
That does suck. I bet that violates some sort of code. How can customers with wheel chairs shop?

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Magda
03-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Oh, no, that is what made me so mad. They have an elevator. But they won't let people with strollers use it. I realize people with strollers aren't disabled (and therefore covered by ADA) but in effect we are mobility impaired and usually accorded the many of the same curitsies (sp?) as wheelchair-bound people.

twins r fun
03-30-2003, 03:33 PM
I feel your pain. The gym we joined is like this. The have about 20 steps going up to the front door and no ramp. They also have a ground floor entrance and an elevator, but the ground floor entrance is locked and only people with wheelchairs are allowed access. I complained and DH complained to someone higher up. The solution they propose is for me to buzz them and 2 people will come out and carry my stroller up the steps. Mind you, I have a 37 pound mountain Buggy and about 45 pounds of children in it. Why would they want the liability if they trip or drop the stroller, either for injuring my children or damaging my $500 stroller? Seems stupid to me! Oh and did I mention the buzzer doesn't work so they then suggested I call them on my cell phone! SUPPOSEDLY this is a family oriented gym!! It made me so mad and I was ready to really fight them on it, but then lost my energy for it.

Nicole

nigele
03-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Shame on them!