PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with Amazon (Babies R Us.com)

Mom 2 Katya
03-30-2003, 09:20 PM
We ordered a swing for our DD on 19 FEBRUARY and it still has not arrived. They said they had some technical difficulties processing our order and finally shipped it on 19 March, but it's still not here and I'm still not happy! We ordered it when DD was about 3 weeks old - now I'm wondering if she'll use it or like it at all!

We are stationed overseas, so we cannot just go to the local BRU and buy one. ARRGH! I've had good experiences with Amazon otherwise, but I wanted to vent. Thanks!

Dolly M

Mom to Katya, b. 1/29/03

zen_bliss
03-31-2003, 04:08 PM
argh! i've not had good luck with amazon, ever. venting time!

one year i ordered a printer on halloween (with the intent that it be an xmas gift). they cancelled my backorder the week before christmas without notifying me. that was a stressful holiday, scrambling last minute, best laid plans and all...

then last may i ordered some cd holders that were on backorder. given previous history, i just assumed after 6 months that they cancelled it. nope. again, without notifying me, around thanksgiving they shipped --- get this -- a substitution model. to an old address. which i found out about a month later. of course i gave them heck in both instances.

after about 20 emails, they gave me a $15 coupon that didn't work; then insisted that I had already used it.

i honestly think amazon has the worst customer service of any place i have ever seen. i was horrified that they were carrying the babiesrus registry. it took a week and a half and many phone calls by the BRU manager for them to get my registry online. again, they sent a phony ' here's $10 for your trouble" coupon that didn't work.

i hope you get your swing SOON!!!

Mom 2 Katya
04-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Well, there's a happy ending to my story - we finally received our swing and our DD loves it - I just wish we could've had it a month ago! Amazon only gave me a $5 certificate for my trouble, but it did work.

Dolly M

Mom to Katya, b. 1/29/03