PDA

View Full Version : OMG-We've hit the fighting stage-BIG TIME

twins r fun
04-04-2003, 04:03 PM
This week Jacob and Caleb have started doing a screaming tug of war over many toys. Usually it ends with someone falling and the "winner" running off with the toy. Sometimes it ends with biting. I'm thinking not only am I going to have to buy two of everything in the future, but go out and buy 2 of all our current "cool" toys. Or teach them how to share. But somehow that doesn't seem like it will be a quick enough solution! Luckily it's only the really popular toys they are fighting over!

Nicole

Edited to Add: The second I hit Post Messge, I had to go break up a fight over a coat hanger. I thought that would be an easy one-we have tons of hangers. Guess what, it appears to be the only GREEN one we have. Jacob is not very happy with his white one right now.

Rachels
04-04-2003, 05:26 PM
LOL! Unfortunately, sharing remains a really difficult developmental construct until about age 3. Sorry-- there's probably lots of refereeing in your future. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamahill
04-04-2003, 06:22 PM
I am SO sorry that you are dealing with this and that I am laughing at the thought of Jacob sulking in the corner with his white hanger and thinking, "Stupid WHITE hanger. The green one is so much cooler," and Caleb prancing with pride at winning the green. I don't know why I find that so entertaining, but I do. I'd love to send Jacob a green hanger, but of course by the time it gets there, white will probably be cool. Or not even hangers. Something like paperclips. Anyway, thanks for the laugh...

celfsh
04-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Oh, the joys! Just keep repeating your screenname to yourself..."twins r fun, twins r fun, twins r fun..."

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

twins r fun
04-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Sarah, you are too funny! Now I'm laughing, too!

Nicole

twinsrFUN twinsrFUN twinsrFUN twinsrFUN twinsrFUN twinsrFUN twinsrFUN

BTW, did we figure out how to change our screen names?! I'm thinking something along the lines of "twins r trouble" or "mom22bullies"

atlbaby
04-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Well, after a day like today where DH and I were going out of our minds with ONE, I found thinking to myself "how DOES Nicole do it?" numerous times!

Arielle hasn't ever really fought with another child over a toy but I assume if she lived with one 24/7 she would! Usually she or the other child grabs what the other one has (usually a ball:) ) and I can intercept or she wanders away.

But... When Oh When will she learn to STOP SHREIKING all the time???DH was talking to a friend today who has a 27 month old, and he said she's JUST beginning to grow out of this! I get that it's because she doesn't have the words to express herself, but she can say Mama, why won't she just call me? I'll come!!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

todzwife
04-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Oh Nicole! I know how that is! The twins I watch have started fighting too! They pull hair and bite and take eachother's toys away. Usually I have to put one in the pack and play for a couple of minutes So he can forget that he wanted the toy that his brother had! I am lucky though, I get to go home at the end of the day! I don't know how you do it!
Shandelle ;)