PDA

View Full Version : If I see another snowflake, I'll scream!!!!GGRRRRRR!!!

Annette_C
04-06-2003, 10:31 PM
I had never used this forum before but I think this is an excellent time to do it!
I can't take this winter (isn't it supposed to be spring?!?) ANYMORE!!!! We're getting 10 to 15 inches of snow tomorrow!!!!! Like the 12 feet of total snow we got this year weren't enough!!!
When is it going to end??? I was so looking forward to spring, the nice weather, being able to get out of this house! But, NOOOOOOO!!!! We have to get another storm....the day before our big day!:(
A few of us from the board were meeting in Boston for the first time (if you saw the post in the Lounge, you know what I'm talking about) and DH has been teasing me all day by (kiddingly) saying..."You had to go and make plans just so spring could be ruined!"
Yes, people, this is the story of my life: every time I make plans, they blow up in my face!
Thanks for letting me vent....
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

cuca_
04-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Ugh, I know how you feel. I am sick of this weather. This winter has been never ending. We just moved to the east coast this past November and could not have chosen a worse time. I need warmer weather!!! Hope your plans are not ruined.

atlbaby
04-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Annette, I am RIGHT there with you! I thought the forcast was a belated April Fool's Day joke at first (a really bad one). And I can't tell you how much I hate seeing all the weather men/women SMILING as they are telling us how much it's going to snow! Admittedly, I tend to b!tch about the cold/winter for it's entire duration (I begin to get miserable when the clocks change in October) but I thought I was out of the woods by April--winter's gone on PAST the time change back!!

At least we had a sunny day for the first day of daylight saving's time--but I kept thinking "must enjoy it while it lasts, because tomorrow it's gonna snow!?!"

Ok, I feel a bit better now that I've vented...but I still hope it's all hype!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

nathansmom
04-07-2003, 09:53 AM
I have to tell you usually I'd agree with you but this year we didn't get much snow. The last 4 days we finally recieved some snow. I want to complain since I was geared up for spring but since we are in a drought I better keep my keep quiet or not complain this summer when the water restrictions are in place (yuck, everything looking brown).

Rachels
04-07-2003, 10:55 AM
I know. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Horrible.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
04-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Come on down our house is open...and you just might decide to stay. We have birds a chirping...and squirrels a flirting!!!

Granted we had a bad Winter but Spring is in the air here in Raleigh!!!

My yard has over a thousand Tulips and Daffodils in bloom...dogwoods of red, pink, and white, a red bud...OH I love this time of year!!! It's not fair if you all get more snow, tell mother nature to wake up it's spring!!!

kapow
04-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Wow, do I miss the south. I grew up in northern Florida, where spring starts in March with blooming azaleas and everything turns green. Sure it rains alot but that just means a great growing season.

Why did I move to Chicago? Because I like three inches of snow every April? It did this last year too. It didn't really turn into spring until May...or maybe the first week of June....argh!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
04-07-2003, 10:48 PM
I couldn't believe we were getting more snow here in CT, but there it is. Good thing the schools didn't close or my son will start summer camp before school is out. Seriously! If they have one more snow day to make up at the end of the year, school won't be out until after his camp starts. How strange that will be.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03