PDA

View Full Version : Huggies Supreme - supremely awful!

colleenfs
04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Julia's been diapered exclusively in Pampers Cruisers, but I had a good coupon for Huggies, so I thought we'd try the Supremes, just for the heck of it. Well, this was certainly not worth the $2 off coupon. In the past week, she's had several poopy blowouts and wet leaks, which has not happened since she was 6 months old. She has also developed a terrible diaper rash - she's never had one before! I decided to toss the remaining Supremes and call it a loss. We're back in Cruisers now and very happy. I'll never use Huggies again!

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

brubeck
04-08-2003, 06:07 PM
I had the same thing with Huggies with my daughter. I thought maybe she had just outgrown the size and so I left the extra diapers in the closet.

Well when I had my son I tried the rest of the package on him. Same thing, blowouts and red bottom. So we went back to Pampers and he was fine. The rest of the Huggies are waiting to be used on my daughter's dolls (when she is a little older).

calif_mamma
04-17-2003, 08:27 PM
I think Huggies are a waste of money, although we do use the nite time ones, since they are basically the only ones that make them and they work.

But Pampers are the way to go. I just by the original style,skip the cruisers etc. They aren't worth the extra $.

Jen and Madeline (8/01) #2 due 7/03

Momof3Labs
04-17-2003, 08:49 PM
It all depends on your baby - Huggies Supreme are the only disposables that fit Colin well right now, and don't leak on him. I loved Pampers Swaddlers but the Cruisers are cut so weird - the size 3 leg holes hung down to his knees and leaked like crazy (yet he had outgrown the size 2's).

But I don't like disposables at all anymore, so we are going with cloth! They fit him, don't leak, and no rashes!

nathansmom
04-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Huggied Supreme's have been the only diaper that doesn't give Nathan a horrible rash. I think that each diaper fits and works a different way for each baby so what works for one might not work for the next. I have started cloth diapering and have had no more rash. We are only using them part time and using the Huggies the rest of the time.

Denyse
04-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Huggies don't work for us either. Brett blows out of them EVERY time! We love pampers! They work great for us!

mspacman2
04-22-2003, 11:23 PM
I could swear that Huggies Supremes have been "cheapened" (in quality, not price) from a year or so ago. I normally use store brands but tried Supremes again because of a $2 coupon. The covering seems stiffer and less clothlike than before, the tabs don't hold as well and often fall off, and they don't seem as absorbent. One recent morning, DD's Supreme was so full of liquid it was literally dripping - never seen that from a diaper before, and she hadn't drunk any more than usual!

ColleenB
04-26-2003, 09:51 AM
I too had a great coupon and found the Huggies Supreme on sale, so I tried them. My daughter leaked out of both diapers I tried on her. She hardly ever leaks out of the Pampers!!!

I called Huggies customer service, and after talking to the woman and giving her the package info, she sent me a refund check!

It might be worth calling and complaining!

Colleen
Mommy to 9 month old Avery

pamela mom of 3
04-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Can't say i have been to impressed with the 'supreme' huggies...although for now i am finding the ultratrim to be fitting my son well...since they added the strech waistband. He was in the pampers baby dry but as he has grown they are gapping around the waist.

I've been lucky with my son he can use any of the major brands of diapers without a problem..however with my girls huggies were the only brand they didn't get a rash from.

So i agree with the rest, depends greatly on the child and also seems to change as the child grows.

:)