PDA

View Full Version : Argh! What to do???

todzwife
04-15-2003, 09:02 PM
My boss gave me a beautiful table runner for Christmas. I knew she had received it as a gift from a friend, but since it didn't match her house she gave it to me. Then Sunday she called me and said she wanted it back because her friend that gave it to her was coming to town and she didn't want to lie about giving it away. So I gave it back, but what the heck? That was a CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! (4 months ago!) Grrr! And to top it off she is sending the other nanny to her home country for a week (El Salvador)FULLY PAID! I am so mad! I got $50 for my birthday (2 months late) and she gets to go to El Salvador for NO REASON??? I have been there for 11 months and she has been there for 6. Fortunately I am leaving in a week but should I say something? What WOULD I say? I don't want to sound selfish but THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! Wahhhh!
Shandelle ;)

gour0
04-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Please tell me you've already read The Nanny diaries! Your whole job sounds warped and twisted. No offense. :) I'm tempted to think that the book was overexaggerated, but from your posts, I doubt it is. I'm glad you're getting out.

celfsh
04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Huh? How tacky can you get?!?! Your boss sounds like a real piece of work--good thing you won't have to put up with her much longer!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

todzwife
04-15-2003, 10:04 PM
LOL! I have read the Nanny diaries. What is even funnier is that it is HER copy! ROFL! She has been driving me nuts since I started, but I was afraid to quit because of the job market and I love her boys! Glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks she is a wacko!
Shandelle :)

jojo2324
04-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Wow, Shandelle, I think I would have lost it about...oh, 10.5 months ago!! You are going to be a great mama with all that patience. I don't know if I would say something, even though the woman needs a major crash course in manners. I'm glad you're getting out of there!

I read the Nanny Diaries, and let me tell you, IT DOES HAPPEN!! I nannied for a summer a few years ago and it was awful. Does anyone remember the scene where Nanny is left with some leftover hummus and a smidge of peanut butter to feed about a dozen kids? Well, I had a similar experience. Also, I was never given a day off ("He's at camp and other activities so much, that will be considered your time off."):o

AND one day the little boy was playing in the yard with his mother, so I went into the house. I didn't want to hang around the fringes and spy on their "quality" time. Anyhoo, about ten minutes later, she came charging in and yelled at me, "I am paying you to watch him, not sit around!!" (I might have been doing a puzzle.) I was so flustered...She had been with him; I guess it was my bad for thinking that he didn't require both of our care at the same time. I thought she might actually want some time with him. And the tip I got at the end of it was NOT worth writing home about, let me tell you. It barely bought my return ticket.

But I did get a re-gift...They had just moved, so she was going through all of their stuff and gave me a sarong with a nice card attached saying that if I ever wanted to do it again...HA!! :D

And yesterday, at the grocery store, I saw this gorgeous woman and her beautifully dressed toddler being followed by the nanny, who was lugging a basket full up with every last container of Horizon organic plain yoghurt, plus about 50 snack size bags of soy crisps. The woman was carrying a roll of paper towels. I mean, at least get a cart for the poor thing! It was about 8 containers of yoghurt! And all the soy crisps were falling on the floor.

Those girls were right on...I can't wait to see the movie version.

mama2be
04-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Hold your head up high...you might need to stretch it up there...but just hold it high, unless you decide to jump ship. I am certain you can find another nanny position.

Could she be saving her expense on you for when the baby comes maybe????

Edited because I can't type a bit...

todzwife
04-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Neve, we're moving in 2 weeks so I am leaving! Yeah! I can't wait to get out of that woman's life! In a way though, it makes me sad, because I know that the other nanny doens't love the boys like I do. I guess I can't worry about it though. Oh the stories I could tell...
Shandelle ;)

MartiesMom2B
04-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Shandelle:

Thank goodness you are getting out of that job. It kind of sounds like when you are dating a guy and you hate him but love his family so you stick around and hope that he meets someone else and dumps you. (OK-maybe I'm the only one who's been in that position). You are going to be an awesome mommy and who cares about your stupid boss. She sounds tacky, tacky, tacky.

Good luck on your big move to that big city of Clovis.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03