PDA

View Full Version : Well as long as they are managing THEIR costs

flagger
05-01-2003, 01:43 PM
I got a note about six weeks ago from our HMO that they are changing their mail order pharmacy for 90 day scripts to a different provider as "part of our ongoing effort to manage costs and provide quality service." I noticed the other day that DW's pre-natal vitamins were running low and it was time to order a refill. Well they are making the switch effective today and advise for refills you can call after 1 May and your old number will be switched over.

So I call and get told the transfer crashed their computers, can I call back please. Sigh. I think I will just ask for a new script, send it in by mail and get some more samples at the OB on Monday. I have a hard enough time doing most of my daily honey-do's and the baby ain't here yet.

Again as long as they are managing THEIR costs, that is what is important, right?

BAH!!!

nigele
05-01-2003, 08:37 PM
This is one issue that pushes my buttons! Our health insurance requires us to use mail order and I hate it! We also just got a letter from the insurance company stating all of the steps they are taking to improve service for its members - one of them is changing their formularies to save members money. Excuse me, if they take a drug off of their formulary and no longer pay for it when I need it, how is that saving me money??

flagger
05-07-2003, 11:04 AM
For pete's sake. The mail order pharmacy called and told me the company stopped making these pre-natal vitamins. I talked to the nurse at the OB on Monday and she said it was not true. She went and got a month's supply of samples and told me to call her back for more. She hadn't heard a thing from that rep about them discontinuing these pills and she told me that rep was good about keeping them supplied. If I can get them free for the duration that is even better!

There was no way Ms. Flagger wanted to change that pill since it is hard enough getting it down and of the four samples she tried this was the least offensive to her. No way she wanted to change it THIS late in the game.

gravymommy3
05-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Get as many samples as you can, cause if Ms. Flagger breast-feeds, she will need to continue the pre-natals for that. Good luck. I just took the three kids to a new allergist and left with a total of 10 scripts between the three of them. I cannot wait to fight the battle with the insurance company about what is formulary and whether my kids really need what their doctor prescribed or not. I think I would rather go beat my head against the wall.