PDA

View Full Version : My MIL is such an IDIOT!!!!

gravymommy3
05-08-2003, 07:49 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! That felt good. She is such a loser! She would b**ch is you hung her with a new rope. She has recently moved and has to come back here and rent a truck to take the rest of her carp that she refuses to throw out down to Florida. She is griping because the rental company "charges too much!" She is one of these people who thinks she should get something for nothing. I mean, rental companies are entitled to cover their costs and make a profit. She's griping because they are going to charge her $150 for someone to return the truck to GA (apparently a lot of trucks are rented one way to FL.) I doubt her lazy self would drive it back up here for $150.

While I am unloading, let's go deeper. She calls up and has absolutely nothing to say, so she will ask the most innane questions. Like, "is everyone OK?" Uh, yeah! What are the kids doing? Watching TV! How are you feeling (I have a debilitating spinal condition that I do not like to discuss with her or really whine about cause what's the point!) and so I'll say, "fine." And then she says, "Oh, you're not hurting?" Well, yeah, but who wants to hear someone griping all the time (like you do). At DS birthday party, my sister (who really does not know or like this woman) asked her (to make polite conversation), "How are you doing?" A normal person would say "Fine and you?" But my MIL launches into a 30 min discusstion of what all her problems are. No wonder nobody likes her.

And if I do make the mistake of complaining around her, it becomes a pissing match to see if she can come up with things about her that hurt more!

We registered DD for kindergarten today and she had 50 zillion questions about it. "It just doesn't seem possible that she could be old enough to be going to kindergarten." "I'll have to put that in her baby book!" GET A LIFE!

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH. Ok, thanks for letting me vent. I am not normally this mean and petty. I just wish my DH had normal parents (hell, I would settle for half-normal!)

Rachels
05-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Whew! Hot bath for you and all MIL duties handed over to your DH for the next few days. This sounds tough!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

gravymommy3
05-08-2003, 08:53 PM
AW, I feel better just having unloaded. I have actually been dealing with her foolishness for 7 years now. I feel sorrier for DH cause he "lived it." (shudder!) I just wish I could have had a normal MIL or FIL.

Cheers!

mama2be
05-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Amy there is something about a good number of people in the "MIL age" that really do have to tell you all of their aches and pains. I actually caught myself in a huge realization that my parents don't ever complain about pains (they they have other things that bug me to death)...but when I realized that it really made me decide to try not to do it. It is a huge complement to them that I notice they don't. BUT so many people will do that. I used to work in an Emergency room and I swear I couldn't go to the grocery store with out some older person stopping me and just assuming I needed or wanted to know about every medical condition event that they have been thru since I saw them last (folks I didn't even recognize).

And down here in the South the much older folks like to go on and on everywhere you go about whose funeral they went to and how they were somehow related to this person, or that the person was their best friend...everywhere you go you hear that one...

I'm right there with you if someone really needs sympathy I'm there and will do ANYTHING for them but folks who DRAIN you all of the time for it EXHAUST me!!!

I swear some folks just want to hear "poor you" all fo the time...
Be glad MIL is in florida...I suspect a lot of people (exactly like her) will keep her company there :)!!!

While I'm on my rampage...I stopped going to my chiropractor becasue I think they ahve a sales schpiel going on where any slow movement you make they say, "Oh honey are you in alot of pain today"...and they kind of urge people to say "yes" and truly concentrate on it.

gravymommy3
05-08-2003, 10:24 PM
10-4 on the chiropracter thing. That's why I don't go to one. As far as MIL, she's one of those type who always wants to one-up everyone in the "woe is me" game. You know, she always has it SOOO much worse than anyone else in every aspect of her life. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH.... ad naseum!!!

Be on the look out for your fluffy mail :)!!

kathsmom
05-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Amy,

I am so sorry that you are going through this with your MIL right now. At least she will be in Florida and away from you! It just amazes me when I come on the boards how many in-laws are just downright rude, meddling, annoying, etc. I really have no idea what that is like (fortunately), because all my in-laws are terrific! I am just so sorry for those of you who have the in-laws from you-know-where.

Just continue to vent right here and we will be here to support you!

Take care!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

liya
05-08-2003, 10:29 PM
OMG this sounds like my stupid b#$@%^ing MIL.....I mean they could be twins...Doesnt it piss you off when she calls and has nothing to say except ask stupid questions...Its like they think we are there just picking our a@@ doing nothing just waiting for them to call because....oh wait here is the best part...they believe we just looooooooveee talking to them....No one likes my MIL either but its not my damn fault that she has no one to talk to why does she have to call ME!!!!ARRRRRRRHHHHHGGG do you know what she did today.....she actually called to remind me to call he on mothers day.......GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD..We should put them both in a boat and send them to a secluded island where they can drive themselves insane...I mean my mother hates her and she gets along with anyone.......

Just last week she was fighting with me because im placing ds in a day care on july...does she not understand that i have to study and finish law school....jesus! she says dumb comments that really piss me off like fo ex:
1) since you come from a rich family
2) Arian is so furtunate to have soooo many things( this with a hypocritical grin in har face)
3) Is the day care expensive? WHos going to pay for it? i want to see it because i need to approve?where is it? who is it run by? etc etc i mean what does she care ...she isnt paying for it and myh husband and i are the ones that will decide where we place our son.....
Plus she wants all my pictures of my ds....can you believe it get your own pictures......geeeezzz shes like i dont know how to take pictures...i eman how hard can it be, you focus, say cheezzz and then you press the little button on the top ....is it sooooo complicated....

the funny thing about it all is that shes a social worker....funny to me because she cant handel her own family problems.....how ironic is that.....

I totally feel for you as you can see...Sorry for this speach but just wanted to let you know that your MIL has a twin and that im suffering same as you so if you need a shoulder to scream at.....lol...just page me trhough this messege board im usually around.....(my MIL lives 5 min away im dying to move) }>

mama2be
05-09-2003, 06:09 AM
YOu are the greatest...I'll email you right now!!! I forwarned DH "when you see a package I didn't go out and spend more"....:):):)

gravymommy3
05-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Linda,

I hear ya! My mother, god rest her soul, could not stand my MIL. When my first child was born, she had to endure MIL in the waiting room. I have never seen Mom so ticked. Then MIL thought she was going to be the first back to see us. Mom may have been sick, but she was feisty!! MIL outweighed her by at least 200 lbs but Mom stood her ground and got to see us first.

I could go on and on and on, but I will try to behave!

Hang in there Linda and PM me if you need to cut lose and vent or heck email me at [email protected]

Take care

atlbaby
05-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Amy,
I'm sorry to hear you have to go through all this with your MIL!!! At least she's going to be farther away from you though! I know she can still call and tick you off with complaining and silly nonsense conversations, but it's *something*!! I'm glad DH feels the same way about her that you do...so you can unload on oneanother too!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

gravymommy3
05-09-2003, 04:21 PM
And another good thing about her being in FL is I told her we absolutely could not afford Long Distance calls, so if she wants to call the kids, it is on her dime (and I have caller ID so if I don't want to deal with her, I don't answer!!!!!) HA! HA!

liya
05-09-2003, 07:31 PM
same here....lol......i just dont pick up the phone jejeje...its really funny cause she calls all the numbers we have my husb cel my cel and then my home....gosh she is soooooo dammmmmnnnn persistant anyhow i havent gone to see her this week she probably be b@#@$#ing about that nonestop come and think of it i havent gone to see her for 2 wks now....thank the lord...she expects me to go alone without my husband..hummm never going to happen im like a time bomb and alone i could go off...lol....ill let you know when i need to vent....the invitation is mutual.....lol

hope things are going better though

ddmarsh
05-09-2003, 11:05 PM
My IL's have taken to talking about themselves as if they are 95 (they're about 61 and 65) and recently FIL was laying a guilt trip on DH about how they don't want any conflict b/c they won't be around for very long. Sheesh, that would be nice not to have any conflict so QUIT ACTING LIKE SUCH IDIOTS AND CREATING SUCH CONFLICT!!! It just disgusts me when they refer to anything medically b/c they have virtually no medical problems and when DH had a brain tumor a couple of years ago there we were young and with a young family, DH had to have surgery and what did they do - left the country for a vacation, never called or even sent a card. So sorry, I just don't have any interest in paying any attention to any medical problems they may be having.

Wow, that felt great, thanks for bringing up this topic, LOL!

Debbie

MartiesMom2B
05-10-2003, 06:57 AM
Amy:

I hear you. I frequently look at DH and say to him "how could you come from her?" Don't we all wonder that?

MIL used to b*tch about all of her aches and pains too. In Dec. she had gastric bypass surgery done. She called me afterwards to tell me that she was both angry at me and DH for not calling her enough and not caring enough about her after her major surgery. Whatever! Now we hear all about her weight loss and she's like the authority of weight loss now. Oy! ***Happy Place, , ,Happy Place***.

Fortunately she lives 8 hours away. Unfortunately she calls every other day. Hooray for Caller ID. She's retiring in January. I hope she isn't going to use the oppourtunity for LONG visits with her granddaughter who she can't see as often as her other children b/c we had the audacity to move to NC.

Hang in there. Vent all you want. You can have 3 chapters in the "If you want to be a MIL please do not do the following" book.

Sonia

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

blnony
05-10-2003, 09:59 AM
I think they take a class in how to drive you crazy. We haven't slept around here in a week (four teeth at once); and my MIL calls at 7 am this morning to tell me she and my FIL will be here for lunch today. Thanks for inviting yourself. Thats what I want to do when I finally get my child to sleep this morning (we've been up since 4:30 am) is clean and entertain. What the H#&&! (I am like the walking dead I'm so tired. Not to mention, my DH isn't even here. He's off on a business trip. Its the only thing that bugs me about moving back home; they just invite themselves over whenever they want. It would be different if we hadn't seen them every weekend for six weeks (except one b/c my mom came to visit and help out.) I feel like Debra on Everyone Loves Raymond, enough already. :)