PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it!!!

22tango
05-10-2003, 08:23 PM
My DH only just saw the calendar and admitted to me that he didn't know tomorrow is Mother's Day!! Grrrr!

I know, I know, he says "it's not too late"...but I still feel really upset that I now know he FORGOT!!! It was a fluke he even looked at the wall calendar tonight....he would have forgotten! That's so unlike my DH...I thought he was teasing me when he told me!

DOH!! Edited to add -- he just admitted he WAS teasing me! That's NOT a nice joke to play on a first-time sleep-deprived MOM!

mama2be
05-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I don't even know your DH and knew right when I read the first line he was teasing you :)...and then when I read "it's not like him" I really knew...and I was so thrilled to see your edited version...

I was going to offer you to have him contact me and I'd help him pick out something for you last minute...I promise I would have had him spending so much he'd never forget again :):):)...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

atlbaby
05-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Glad to hear he was teasing you, but I agree it's not a nice joke to play on one's wife's *first* Mother's Day!! But I bet he has some wonderful plans for you, since he wanted you to think he'd fogotten!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

22tango
05-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks!! DH now admits he's a big "dork" for even trying to pull that kind of joke on me. Can't he see my picture in the dictionary next to "gullible"?? But then I felt like a dork for posting the original message which I then couldn't delete...oh well!!

WOW Neve, too bad he was joking...it might have been nice to have you help him make it up to me!! LOL!

Yes, he wanted me to think he'd forgotten, but I guess the joke was on him because I became so upset, that he started feeling really guilty and had to tell me it was just a joke! My DH now assures me that he, and our daughter Karenna, have definately not forgotten! BOYohBOY I can't wait! :)

I hope the rest of you all have a Lovely, Restful, and HAPPY Mother's Day tomorrow!!!!

mharling
05-11-2003, 12:43 AM
LOL!! Glad to hear it was just a joke.

I knew dh knew it's Mother's Day tomorrow. However, I wasn't sure how he would choose to acknowledge and was actually kind of worried. We don't 'celebrate' Valentine's Day and for our anniversary we usually just go to dinner. We make a big deal out of birthday's but that's about it. So, with this being 'our' first Mother's Day, I was worried that he wouldn't give it the attention I of course think it deserves. ;)

But, I decided not to say anything or drop any sort of hints and just play it cool. Imagine how pleased I was after breakfast when he said to me, 'I need to run out, are you OK with Lane for a little bit.' You betcha I am!!!! And now there's a gift on the mantle. :)

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

nigele
05-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Alice,

I'm so glad your hubby was joking!

My hubby doesn't take hints so I have been telling him for weeks that Mother's Day is coming. Also, he's English and Mother's Day in England is in March. I ordered my own gift last week (a Buggy Bagg!) online but I warned him that if he didn't have a surprise for me, I would be terribly upset. I hate to do this, but we have lots of fun around holidays with me dropping not-so-subtle hints about what I want. It beats feeling forgotten on a special day!

Have a great Mother's Day!

gravymommy3
05-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Glad he was indeed joking. I was at Target yesterday and rounded the corner heading to checkout and people were three deep at the Mother's Day card rack. Come on, people. You know when it is - why wait until the last minute to get Mom a card?

gour0
05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
My Dh tried to tell me that breakfast and spray roses were my present, but I had already stumbled onto my gift hidden in the car he usually drives. Oops! I felt really bad for spoiling his surprise, but I couldn't wait for him to admit he got me something. I told him I had already seen it. Bad me. :) But, I love my the framed photos of ds!

22tango
05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Well he made up for his bad joke attempt with an incredible Mother's Day!!! A card made with love by him and Karenna, a beautiful bracelet studded with her birthstone, banana pancakes, strolling to the park and playing with our baby on the swings (see photos on webpage link below), and BEST OF ALL....he sat with her on the floor and repeated over and over "Momma" until she SAID IT!! Of course, she doesn't know what she's saying yet, she's just imitating, but it was the first time she said it (or any word.) I just melted!! :)

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kct/karenna.html