PDA

View Full Version : Rude neighbors and firecrackers

nigele
05-25-2003, 08:11 AM
How rude can neighbors be? I live in a subdivision with LOTS of kids and babies. Last night from 9:30 - 10:30, my neighbors decided to set off a load of firecrackers. I had just climbed into bed exhausted and could not fall alseep with all of the noise. Of course Tom woke up screaming during this and I was ready to go out and kick some butt. By the time I got him back to sleep, the noise stopped but I am so irritated and know this is going to happen again. Arrrgghhhh. I told DH that I will be making some enemies if this happens again!

Firecrackers are legal in my state but I would have hoped my neighbors would have common courtesy as well as brains - how many of their neighbors really wanted to hear all that noise right outside their windows, not to mention having their children woken by it?

jojo2324
05-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Oooooh, Lisa, I would be PO'd too!! And I don't know that I wouldn't have gone out there in my pajamas, with my screaming baby (with ear plugs) and given them a piece of my mind and a swift kick in the arse.

I hope this doesn't continue to be a problem during the summer months...What can you do if it continues? Call the police?

Caitlins Mommy
05-25-2003, 11:37 AM
How rude!ITA with Joanne,I do belive I would have been walking over their in my pjs with my screaming baby,and give them a peice of my mind.I take it these people don't have any kids?You would think they would at least have thought,that since they are alot of kids and babies around in that area,it wouldn't be safe to be setting off fire works!

Fire works are legal in the state I live in,but you have to get permission from the fire marshal to set them off in the town I live in,if you live in a subdivision.In the last three years the fire marshal/police department hasn't let anyone that lives in a subdivision set them off,wich doesn't bother me a bit!Anyway I would contact your local fire department and see if your very rude neighbors have broken any laws.If they did I would report them.And if that doesn't help ,you could call the police and complain that they are disturbing the peace,if they do this again.

Sending you lot of positive vibes ,that they wont do this again!

Jennifer mommy to Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
Trying to give Caitlin a brother or sister

gravymommy3
05-25-2003, 04:28 PM
I have buttheads behind me that thought the 7 am, yes, 7 was late enough to crank up the tree chipper. I wanted to go over there and re-enact a scene from Fargo. UUURRRGGGG. I hear you on the firecrackers - some people just plain suck!

mamahill
05-25-2003, 08:19 PM
We have a HOA and they have asked that noise not be louder than can be contained in your home past 10 pm. When I was younger I thought that was too early, but now I think it's too late. I would consider looking into your city's curfew laws if it continues. They should be smarter. Or maybe a quick request that they begin their festivities (much) earlier? They are clearly insensitive. Good luck. I guess this is one time I should be glad that fireworks are illegal in my city.

mama2be
05-25-2003, 11:16 PM
I think I shared this but at about 8 months in to my pregnancy our neighbors kids were shooting of fire crackers. I had asked them to stop and they said they would...then I asked their mom to forwarn us since the dogs go crazy!!!! One ran away and I was wobbling up and down the golf course in the freezing ice rain calling his name and crying. I even sat down out there crying hysterically in a dilerious way saying someone was going to steal my Buoy and use him in a dog fight. When I fell downt he stairs with the dogs hiding between my legs I finally told STeve he was going to nip it in the bud.

Why anyone would fear my hubby more than me I'll never know...but he wnet over there asked the kids if their father was home and then when the wife answered the door he asked for the husband. Man to man Steve told him how it was effecting our house hold and for some reason the man to man thing nipped it in the bud. I still can't stand them for not stopping when I asked them to stop.

MartiesMom2B
05-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Setting off firecrackers are one of my pet peeves. I hadn't even thought of how it'll effect my baby, but now I know it will. When I lived in Maryland I thought it was unfair that they are illegal, but now they are a nuisance. I feel for you Lisa. Do you have an HOA? They surely must have rules about the noise. Good luck.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

liya
05-26-2003, 10:01 PM
I say go set some firecrackers right in front of their house at 3am and let them know how it feels like. For sure theyll never know what a hard time it is to put a baby to sleep and have him wake up scared and crying but maybe theyll get a little taste of what it feels like to be woken up from a sound sleep by some wise a$$ who cant control their noise......Can you tell this would piss me off big time.....ARRRHGHHG

hellollama
05-28-2003, 03:37 PM
They remind me of my neighbors who like to use the leaf blower at 9pm on a regular basis. Are they blowing leaves? Well, since our neighborhood used to be farmland, there are no leaves in the area. They are using it to clear microscopic dirt off the floor of their spotless garage. Apparently they have never heard of a broom.