PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy, P.O.'d Pregnant Woman

blissful mom
05-27-2003, 10:17 AM
AUGGHHHHH!!!
I had one of the worst nights ever last night! I didn't get to go to bed until 11:30, when I usually go to bed at 9:30. At 2:35, somebody called and when the answering machine picked up, they hung up. Though I have a good idea who it is...

Then, I couldn't go back to sleep for the longest, and when I did, I had nightmares and woke up every 30 minutes.

What makes me the angriest is that I think it's one of my husband's drunken, messed-up friends who called. This man is 43 years old, yet he stays drunk, and he's a little "Sally Sensitive" type who gets his little panties in a wad any time my husband or another friend doesn't show proper appreciation for his artistic temprament. GET SOME PROZAC, LITTLE MAN, and leave my husband alone! He has called at all hours to "talk" (i.e., whine) at my husband, no matter how many times he is told not to call after 9:00. Then, he gets angry if no one calls for a while, so he'll call and hang up two or three times until he finally gets the nerve to talk. The last time he called, he got mad at my husband because I came in from shopping at 9:30 pm and needed dh's help getting the groceries out of the car--necessitating his getting off the phone.

He also asked early on in the pregnancy if he could come with us to see the midwife, because he was "curious." He got hurt because I told him to get his own wife, get her pregnant, and take HER to the midwife. I'm sick of this man. My husband is far too polite to him, but I'm finished. He's going to get a very grouchy pregnant earful if he calls one more time. Especially at 2:35 am.

OK, I'm done with that rant! Sorry!

Blissful Mom

celfsh
05-27-2003, 10:24 AM
What a jerk! Quit being nice and get his phone number blocked so he can't call you anymore--especially at 2:35 a.m.

Just my humble opinion!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

liya
05-27-2003, 11:36 AM
only thing i have to say is what an ahole.......jerk :)

zen_bliss
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
i hear you!!! it's amazing how effective changing your home phone number is... we had a similar problem with a DH desperate clingy 'friend' we were trying to wean away who doesn't have the new #. he disappeared for a long time (thank god) then he called on the cel at 3am one night, my husband forgot to turn it off before bed... he was awfully surprised when i called him right back (thanks, caller ID) and went off on him that any calls after 10pm involve a hospital life-or-death emergency and in his case he should have someone else's number handy because we didn't give a hang. if that sounds harsh, i don't have enough room to type all the crap he has pulled and trouble he has caused.

happily, he hasn't called again.... eliminating toxic people is indeed one step on the path to bliss. :)

if you can't change your phone number, caller ID/privacy manager is worth every penny -- no more sales calls!

brubeck
05-27-2003, 07:06 PM
My parents are in the habit of just taking the phone off the hook every night when they go to bed. In the morning they put it back on. It stops squawking after a couple of minutes. They figure that anything snyone wants to tell them about can wait until morning, even bad news.