PDA

View Full Version : Soaking wet and I'm sick of it!!

jojo2324
05-27-2003, 02:44 PM
I don't know what the weather's been like around the rest of the country, but here on Long Island it's been raining for close to two weeks and it's showing no signs of letting up any time soon!!! I am SICK of it! I have to drag out all of my (prematurely) packed wool socks. And I'm still shivering under my down comforter with a flannel duvet cover!

Three years ago Memorial Day I was splashing in the Atlantic. This year I wonder if the water will even warm up past 50 degrees.

x( Grumpy in the Hamptons...

ktdid74
05-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Boy do I agree with you! I'm in Maine and though everything is now beautiful and green, I feel the sudden need to build an ark. I guess I should be happy it's not snowing after the winter we had! Going to the beach seems like a dream right now! And there's nothing worse than a toddler with cabin fever...

Katie
mom to Brendan 6/8/00
Mackenzie 3/26/03

C99
05-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Does weather move east? If so, you'll be in for some nice stuff. It was beautiful in California last week and we had a really nice, warm and sunny weekend here in Illinois as well. Hopefully it's coming your way!

sntm
05-27-2003, 07:27 PM
it's the same in Virginia. My veggie garden, which initially reveled in the rain, is now drowning. DH is grouchy 'cause he can't go bike riding. It's nice for sleep, though.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

lukkykatt
05-28-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm with you! It is getting very old trying to think of ways to entertain two little ones day after day inside the house!

Plus I mistakenly put DS' winter clothes away a few weeks ago. Just left out a few long sleeved cotton shirts. So the poor kiddies look like orphans, wearing the same clothes over and over again. Not to mention that I have do do laundry more often so they have something to wear...

Just looked at my yard today, and it is weed city. We were planning on having a backyard birthday party a few weeks from now, and I have alot of work to do before people get tangled in the vines :) Not to mention the fact that I am becoming afraid it will be raining that day!

Gonna do a sun dance now!

nathansmom
05-28-2003, 12:07 PM
send some rain to utah. nathan and i need some water in the air so our noses will stop bleeding. i'll trade you rain for hot sunny days.

momathome
05-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Oh, my goodness, I am WITH you on this one! We live in PA and I don't think we've seen the sun in May. Our yard looks like a scene out of "A River Runs Through It" and our dog is a muddy mess every time we go to let him in the house. My girls are also wearing the same few long-sleeve shirt outfits that I did not pack away for them and keep bugging me about when they can go outside to play. The ironic thing is, we did a rain dance all last summer because of the severe drought and extreme heat in our area - talk about a reversal of fortune! Go, Sunshine! Go, Sunshine!
-Lauren (drowning in the Northeast!)

bcblue
05-28-2003, 06:26 PM
I know!!!!! I can't take it either. I'm in Nassau County, and last week I gave up on leaving the house. But unfortunately life must go on, errands.......blah blah blah. Umbrella's are hard with a six month old baby. So we just opt for getting wet.