View Full Version : Overdue TESTS advise needed

05-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Tomorrow I have my weekly Dr appt. I was due on Sunday. I am told I most likely will need to do a ultrasound to check fluid levels, and maybe some "tests" (stress test I assume.) Any tips and hints for the tests or questions I should ask? If offered to be induced sooner rather than later should I take them up on the offer or wait it out a bit? I have had a healthy pregnancy and am not considered high risk at all.

They say you follow your Mother's schedule. I was conceived on our around 9/12 and was born 6/15 (honeymoon baby.) My brother was 2 weeks early. Why am I late??????

Anxious to meet this hiccuping baby!

05-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Please don't agree to an induction unless it's medically necessary.

mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

05-28-2003, 07:48 PM
I was 9 days late. My Dr doesn't induce untill at least 2 weeks. I went into labor on a Thursday and my next appt, had I not delivered yet, wasn't until Tuesday (15 days past edd). I guess every OB is different.

I had the sono to check fluid -just a regular sono where they measure the fluid amts on the screen. They also hook you up to a machine to monitor for contractions and heart rate-same as in the hospital.

Hang in there!!

edited to add -BTW my Mom was always early!! I figured I would be too, so by my estimation I was 4 wks late (I was expecting baby to arrive early!)

August Mom
05-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Well, I was 13 days late. DS was born on the day that I was scheduled to be induced but he came on his own. I had several stress tests. My problem was that DS was always sleeping during the tests so we were there a long time. So, if you know there is a time of day that the baby is active, I would try to schedule the appointment/stress test then. Also, if they are having trouble recording enough movements, try drinking a glass of cold water. This helped once. As far as the induction goes, I would ask why a certain date is being suggested (i.e. the baby is very large, the doctor is on call, policy to induce at 2 weeks late or whatever). Then, hopefully you'll be able to decide whether an induction is necessary. I must confess that I was getting nervous about the induction as it approached. I was pleased that DS decided to start making his entrance before the induction started. So, personally, I would wait for nature to take its course unless there's a good reason not to.