PDA

View Full Version : Now it's my turn to be up while baby is sleeping...

egoldber
06-01-2003, 02:44 AM
ARGH. I have had a little cold, and now Sarah has it WORSE. She's been up twice already tonight. I dosed her up with Dimetapp and Motrin this last time, so now she's sleeping blisssfully and I can't go back to sleep. :(

chrissyhowie
06-01-2003, 04:10 AM
I'm up with you! For the past few nights I've been having trouble falling back asleep after I nurse Chloe in the wee hours. How about some Benadryl Allergy and Cold for you? It might help a little bit with your congestion, and it usually knocks me right out.

Ah, sleep is such a good thing! Here's to hoping we get more of it!!

I hope both you and Sarah feel better soon.

egoldber
06-01-2003, 07:20 AM
Ah, the Dimetapp did the trick for Sarah. She slept through until 8 this morning. Unfortunately, I was up until 4. :( And I am INCREDIBLY sensitive to Benadryl. If I take more than a child's dose (like 1/2 - 1 tsp of children's liquid) it completely zonks me unless I can get like 12 hours sleep, and I think those days are gone for a LONG time!

atlbaby
06-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Oooh, I'm the exact same way with Benadryl. I have severe food allergies, so if I get a reaction and need to use my EpiPen it makes me so wired I need to take Benadryl to calm down. Problem is, if I take even 1 pill I conk out for 12 hours--can't do that anymore! So my choices are a)stay wired b)pray not to mistakenly eat something that's touched fish or poultry!

But now that I'm pregnant I really wish I could take Benadryl when I have cold, since Sudafed and Nyquil are out. :(

I hope you and Sarah feel better soon!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

liya
06-01-2003, 11:48 PM
AJA>>>>so the damn cold spread....I new the sucker was out there somewhere...i tell you its bad bad bad.....im soooo soooo sooooo sorry you have to go through this Beth and all the other ppl who have to go through it...Arian has had the damn cold since last sunday and even with the meds his nose is still stuffy...Horrible...again soo soo sorry i feel for you trust me i do...my post on the crudy flu tells it all...