PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Toys R Us misleading ad!

Denyse
06-08-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm so mad. There was a postcard for ToysRUs that advertised "50% off all Carter's sleepwear" So I wanted to buy sleepers, of course and when I looked at them, I noticed the sign said 2 for $16. Hmm. So I tracked down a salesperson and asked if the 50% was off the original price ($10) and she says that sleepers are NOT CONSIDERED SLEEPWEAR. Um, excuse me? Then I noticed for the first time that they had changed the old sign that said sleepers to say "Stretch wear" (or something along those lines.) OMG! She also kept having to correct herself saying things like "no, those Slee... STRETCH suits are considered playwear." So then I ask what exactly IS considered sleepwear if sleepers aren't and she shows me these two piece sets. There were literally only FIVE total (Not five designs, FIVE pj's total) and they were all size 24 months. So needless to say, Brett did not get any sleepers from TRU! We went to penneys and got the sleepers for $8 there. There was no way I was going to buy them at TRU. That is a bunch of baloney! Since when are sleepers not sleepwear! URG!

August Mom
06-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Wow. I feel really stupid now. All this time I've been putting DS to bed in slee...uh...stretch suits when he's supposed to be playing in them. I wish TRU would have informed me of my error sooner.

How lame that sleepers are not sleep wear. C'mon. Give me a break.

MartiesMom2B
06-08-2003, 10:54 AM
That stinks! We had to get Martie some 3-6 m. sleepers. I ended up going to the Carter's outlet, where the sleepers are called sleep and play. I didn't see strethch wear anywhere. Anyhow I got some and then went over to Walmart to buy a 3 pack for $8.44.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

liya
06-08-2003, 10:57 AM
stupid ppl..omg what an effective marketing strategy...changing the name so the consumers dept wont lay a fine on their asses....oh yeah they are such playwear....right would they like to play in 100 degree weather covered from head to toe...hummm that gets me annoyed, btw the tru here says it sleeperwear....

jojo2324
06-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Wow, what a rip-off!! It cracks me up that she kept slipping up and calling them "slee..." :)

I have always had great success at the Carter's outlet. A lot of times they have a $5 rack, items with small imperfections on them, and I have purchased many of Gannon's "stretch suits" that way. :D

brubeck
06-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Stretch Suit sounds like something you would wear in the 70s.

Remember the Bionic Woman wore Stretch Suits.... :-)