PDA

View Full Version : Routines

Marisa6826
06-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one that finds Sophie's "routine" is COMPLETELY out the window on the weekends?

During the week, I'm able to feed her, play with her and get her to take her naps on a fairly regular schedule.

Once Jonathan's home, though, forget it!

All weekend, she goes from normal baby to devil baby... crying, whining, fussing...

I'm trying to get her to bed earlier now, and I find that I can't even do that!

ARGH!

-m

sweetbasil
06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Nope- we're in the same boat...and DS is 2 1/2! It's like he senses that daddy's home, so he should get up earlier, skip any nap he might have normally taken, and stay up as late as possible for as much play-time as he can get.

Really, it's not all that different from that time between waking up from his nap and when daddy gets home on weekdays, though- it's like he knows daddy's on the way, he's tired of being stuck with mama, and he senses that mama's patience is wearing a little thin ;)

egoldber
06-15-2003, 09:47 PM
My DH travels a LOT (like about 1/3 of the time). So for a long time, we had this problem. But then after about 6 months or so, I finalyl just decided that I was going to keep her on the same schedule regardless of whether DH was home or not. It was just too hard on me and too confusing for her.

HTH,

AugBaby
06-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Funny that you bring this up. DD has been skipping naps COMPLETELY when dh is around lately. He's been working late a lot recently, as well as Saturdays, and dd won't give up one minute with him. The same thing is happening when we visit others on the weekend. She's only 22 months, and *I* still need her nap! During the week I can sometimes squeeze two naps out of her. The whole change drives me nuts. The weekends have become so much harder than week days!

SeekerMage
06-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Weekends! EEEK there are times that I dread them! I have a three year old who is totally out of whack because of our visiting on the weekends....friday through sunday! We have the tough situation of having to go and visit her natural parents during these times and one visit with them just throws everything through a loop! Atleast when monday comes she easily gets back on schedule though...so perhaps you have that to look forward too? Our main thing is trying to keep her flexible and so far it works...but perhaps we are just lucky!

Jenmv
06-16-2003, 06:27 PM
We have a similar problem. I work days and my husband works nights and rotating weekends. As a result DD gets to spend more time with DH during the day. She has TWO good naps every day with DH but I am lucky to get her to go down even once on the weekends. She's not really all that fussy. She just refuses to sleep. Even my husband comments that he doesn't understand why she won't sleep for me anymore. I never had this problem when I was on maternity leave. It only adds to my returning-to-work-guilt. Oh well, she always sleeps well at night so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

muskiesusan
06-16-2003, 07:37 PM
I have this problem too. DH travels a lot as well, so its even bad during the week when he is in town and working from home. Nick spends the whole time running into his office screaming for dh to hold/play with him. Leaves us all on edge, dh b/c he trying to work, me for having to chase him around the house all day and Nick for not napping or eating right.

On the weekends I try to keep him on much of a schedule as possible, but I also try to have dh do most of the care taking. Allows me to catch up on work and the house work.

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01

jal
06-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Our weekends are always out of wack as well.

The main things that seem to throw the weekends off is the fact that we usually go off to see friends or family on Saturday Nights, our wakeup hour is different, and we usually have some late Bible study group on Sunday nights.

No body seems back on schedule til Tues.

starrynight
06-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Yup happens at my house too. We run more errands on weekends and also with dh being home Daria just doesn't want to nap, she wants to play with daddy! She eventually naps but it tends to be later in the afternoon and then she ends up staying up too late and is cranky the next day. By Monday she does settle back down pretty good though.