PDA

View Full Version : Just need to vent!

gravymommy3
06-26-2003, 11:28 AM
It has been a long, hard week here.

Hayden has been battling the diaper rash from hell for about 3 weeks. I finally said enough and took her to the ped. He said (and I agree) that is looks almost like a burn. I mean, this is one nasty looking rash. It if were in a visible area, folks would stop and stare. She is miserable and is clawing at the area all night long (so I don't get any sleep and neither does she!)

Well, last night the new medicine the ped. gave her allowed her to rest and guess what? Grayson was coughing and hacking all night long. Her ashtma is acting up and we had to do two breathing treatments in the middle of the night. So, no sleep yet again.

On Tuesday, DH was driving to work and a tractor-trailer tire tread got flung up and into his new (at least new to us) car. Probably $4-5K worth of damage. Shattered the windshield (glass was inside with him), passenger mirror totally gone, front end fubared, windshield wipers mangled, hood dented and scratched, etc. At least he was not hurt! That would have meant even less sleep for me!!

Thanks for the vent. I feel slightly better now.

emilyr
06-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Oooh! Hope the rest of the week gets better! Sometimes it seems like instead of "all bad things come to an end" they just KEEP COMING!!!

Here's to a better week ahead and a restful weekend.

Emily

chrissyhowie
06-26-2003, 12:41 PM
I am sooooo glad your DH wasn't hurt in that accident! Can you imagine seeing that big tire tread coming flying at you?! Thank goodness he's okay!

Poor Hayden and Grayson! I hope they both recover soon. At least Avery is staying healthy!

As for mom, I hope that you get some much deserved rest soon. The weekend is soon here!

nigele
06-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Amy,

I sure hope your week gets better. So sorry about all the trouble with your family!

Lots of hugs,

mharling
06-26-2003, 12:56 PM
If it's true that unfortunate things happen in 3's, you should be at the end of this! Hope so!!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

ginalc
06-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Oooh Amy, how awful! Your description of the brings back bad memories for me. Thank goodness DH didn't get hurt!!!

Is Hayden's rash a yeast infection? Sounds painful.

Hang in there...

gina, mom to 3

blnony
06-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Amy-
Thats one he$$ of a week. I really am sorry things are not going very well for you guys.
Was the rash yeast? I hope you're not having to do all kinds of washs with your dipes, that would just be one more thing to keep you up.
I hope your insurance will help with the car. I am glad your DH wasn't hurt.
Well, I'm sending hug vibes to you, and big giant sleeping vibes to boot! :)

MartiesMom2B
06-27-2003, 02:13 AM
Amy:

I hope that you week ends on a good note. We had one of those big treads come flying at us too. It's very scary.

Have a great weekend. Sending restful healing vibes to you .

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

parkersmama
06-28-2003, 08:50 PM
What a terrible week! Hope your weekend is going better! That Atlanta traffic stinks! Don't you want to move to Columbus? It's a lot safer here! (Plus there's ME! LOL!) ;-)

gravymommy3
06-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. We do feel a little better here. Hayden's rash is still very nasty. Guess we get to go back to the ped. tomorrow.

Denise, we might be coming to Columbus late in Sept. for a photography convention. If DH does, I may tag along and I want to meet up with you.

thanks again everyone!

liya
06-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Oh my....Amy could it be something that shes eating....Can that be whats agrevating the rash....i know it just cant be the CD's....and as i told you in my last email..Im so sorry about that car crash but you are right at least your dh didnt get hurt...I hope this week is a better one for you..

hugs

Kate888
06-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Sorry, coming to this a little late! Amy, I'm glad things are getting better now. Thank god your DH didn't get hurt! Hope Hayden's diaper rash clears up soon!!

Take it easy and have a great 4th of July weekend!!! :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02