PDA

View Full Version : I'm very angry at Baby Gap's Return Policy

MartiesMom2B
06-29-2003, 07:36 PM
I've returned several items to Baby Gap in the hope of a merchandise credit so that I could by fall/winter items on May 30. Well their policy states that all credits over $5.00 must be mailed. So where's my credit? Definitely not in my hand. It's been over a month and by the time I think about calling Baby Gap they are closed. I'm so annoyed. I'm too busy to remember to call them to get my d@mn credit. What kind of stupid policy is this. Over $5.00 for a mailed credit. Of course the stupid associate didn't give me anything regarding my credit. I don't even remember how much money my credit is supposed to be. AAAAaarggh. Now I'm going to have to go to the mall tomorrow. This stinks!

By the way here's their policy:

Returns with a Return/Exchange or Gift Receipt:

Valid Identification is required to process all returns and exchanges with a return/exchange receipt. Unwashed, unworn, or defective merchandise may be returned at any time. Items may be returned for any other reason within 14 days from the date of purchase with a gift receipt. Refunds over $5 will be issued in the form of a store credit by mail or merchandise exchange for the price paid. Please present a valid photo ID to receive a store credit by mail. Store credits by mail and merchandise certificates are non-transferable. A gift receipt serves as proof of purchase price only.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-29-2003, 10:27 PM
I did this with a $10.50 credit from them, and it arrived within 2 weeks. You might want to call them and see what happened. I agree that this policy stinks. I had a gift card that they could have just added the credit to, but no, they have to mail it to me. And the mailed one can't be used online like the credit on a gift card can.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Marisa6826
06-29-2003, 10:59 PM
I guess it depends on the sales associate and how "by the book" they want to be. I've never had a problem returning stuff without a receipt. I received a bunch of stuff for Sophie that I didn't like. In fact, some of it was REALLY old and not worth much. I figured I'd rather have the $3 than an item of clothing she won't use.

I just traded the stuff in for items I wanted.

I would definitely call them again Sonia.

Good luck

-m

liya
06-29-2003, 11:16 PM
alls i have to say is that totally sucks.....i mean ggeeeezzzz over here they gave me a credit the other day for like 80.00 no questions asked....I mean really, i was a manager at Gap and thats not the way that they are supposed to work..Email me with the whole situation and ill let you know what your supposed to do...

MartiesMom2B
06-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Well I still think its stupid to mail merchandise credits, I'm sure it probably has something to do with shoplifting or something like that though.

Well after calling the 1-800 number I had to call the store and have them pull up all the info. I wasn't given a pink form to take home, so make sure if you return something from Baby Gap that you get a pink form to take home. The manager called their corporate people and my return has been reprocessed. So if I haven't recevied it in a week, I'll be super angry! But I do hope for the best, so I'm sure I'll get it.

I mean it really doesn't matter when I get it as long as I get it because I traded everything in because I wanted to get some fall/winter merchandise and of course I'll want to wait until stuff goes on sale too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03