PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, Inconsiderate, Inhumane people

liya
07-05-2003, 09:37 PM
I am sooooo extremely aggrevated at some ppl in the world today..I just turned on the news and actually was very saddened at what lies ahead for my child..In the NYC news today " 5 ppl tossed 5 Syberian Huskies puppys in a glad bag out the window of a moving car in the highway and tossed the mother out the other side"...How sick can the world be...I mean Jesus these are the same type of ppl that have no considaration whatsoever to human life..These are the ppl that can actually hurt a child and not even care...Or probably not..probably they think that they are just dogs and they dont feel and they dont care....IM AM PISSED at the fact that this world and the ppl in it have become so INHUMANE...I mean what will this world be 20 years from now when my son is almost a man..What lies ahead for us to see...And whats worse of all is the punishment these ppl actually get...I mean, i will study law, yes but my true point to study law is to make a difference in all these crapy punishments that ppl are getting..I mean geeeezzz you kill a man and they let you free!!!! COME ON!!!!!! There are so many slips and loopholes in the GD law system that alone lets ppl do whatever they f$%^$ they please and get away with it....
I am sick and tiered of ppls small minded attitudes and stupidity against life and all living things it makes me sick...But you know whats really worse of all, that i cannot protect my son against seeing how the world is...Because someday he will have to face it alone and if i dont give him the proper tools to face it he will drown in it...

thanks for letting me vent

ginalc
07-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi Linda,

I know exactly how you feel. Primetime television is not welcome in my home. If we watch TV at all, only preapproved videos are OK in the evening to be enjoyed together as a family. I don't let my 12 yr old watch TV without supervision either, most certainly NOT the news.

One way I take comfort is by attempting my best to set a good example. We talk as a family about different choices. I admit and point out when I've made a mistake. We sit as a family at the table for supper every night, we pray together before our meals as well. We go to church and talk about the "theme" of the days' sermon.

I know that I can't change what is going on outside my little area of the world, but I can do something about what goes on in my household. If you think things are crazy now, wait until your little one starts to go to school and is influenced daily by children who grew up in daycare. Many of these children are OK, but just as many are not. Many of these children are disruptive and loud, seeking attention in any way that they can get it. I was amazed when my oldest started school and I would call (as homeroom Mother) to ask for treats for school parties. So many parents are too busy to help out and don't really have time to care. They view it as someone else's problem. Sad, very sad.

What's really frustrating is how so many parents put their families second after their jobs. I won't even say carreers, because I don't feel that many companies support their workers the way the workers throw themselves into their jobs. I've had several friends say "gosh, I'd like to stay home with the baby, but I really don't want to give up our nice vacations, new car, fun clothes, socializing with my friends during lunch, etc." They just don't get it. These precious little children need attention, guidance, love, and parents. Children don't need all the extras, they just need good parenting. Not parenting in the evening, not parenting on the weekends between errands, but.......Now I'm the one venting!

I think this world would be better off if we reached out to our neighbors as friends, if we took care of our own children and the children of our neighbors, if we had families and good friends around to help with the tough times, if we all believed that there is something greater than ourselves, if we all stayed home on Saturdays and Sundays to enjoy family time, and if the legal system made any sense at all.

I agree, this legal system is completely out of control. All common sense is gone. It's just sad. So very sad.

gina, mom to 3