PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price customer service

Laila
07-17-2003, 07:15 PM
I was really mad at Fisher Price customer service today when trying to find out if their classical chorus mobile would be able to attach to a co-sleeper.

I got Maria with an east coast accent. When she explained that the long screw goes thru the slats, I asked if she meant into the wood? and how long the screws were. She said it is able to attach to any standard crib, and no thicker. I replied that meant it is ok on something thinner, and asked if that meant it is more like a clamping mechanism that could be shimmed. Since she did not know the answer she tried to act above it all again saying that it goes thru the slats, "yah, you know, the SLATS". Of course I know what slats are dummy.

She just did not know the answer. Why couldn't she just have tried to explain the attachment mechanism to me. I again asked about possibilities, and if there are any garantees if it did not. She said of course there are no garantees.

It was my turn to act like she was the dummy, so I went into my, "duh, I do not know routine", called her a @#$%^ and hung up. What a possibility gone wrong.

brubeck
07-18-2003, 11:33 AM
I find that Fisher Price is really great when you call about something that is new and broken. For example, I got an Elmo Sprinkler at Target for $7 and the piece that attaches to the hose was stripped and so it didn't work. I called up FP and told them. They couldn't send me a replacement piece because they didn't have it. They couldn't send me a new sprinkler because they didn't have any in stock. So they sent me a $10 gift certificate for ANY FP product. That's more than I paid for the sprinkler in the first place!

However I had a bad experience when I wanted to buy some replacement balls for our FP Ball Blast. They wanted to charge $10 for the balls (expensive, but I was willing) and another $10 for shipping! I couldn't believe how outrageous that was. It seemed like they were trying to bilk me over a couple of dollars worth of plastic. Heck to buy the BB brand new is about $20.

So my experience is that if you call them up, say you just bought it and it's broken they will be happy to fix the problem. If you call them up for help about a product that is working okay you may get the runaround.