PDA

View Full Version : Small children left unattended in stores!

toomanystrollers
07-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Don't people watch the news! My DH and I were in Walmart this morning in Massachusetts and this cute, blonde-hair, blue eye little girl (maybe 5-6 yrs. old) was alone for at least five minutes in the "Polly Pocket" aisle while Mom? was with a toddler three aisles over! Ofcourse, I stayed with her and my 4 yr. old dd and checked out the Pollys.

Hello!!! Hasn't anyone learned from the recent Target molestation???

I kept my mouth shut because DH was with me. This so-called caretaker is lucky my mom wasn't with us! She's not afraid to speak her mind.

UGH!
Pam

blnony
07-18-2003, 10:18 AM
ITA!! It bothers me to no end when I see young children like that just alone without any supervision. My mom is the same way. A couple of years ago, she almost made some lady cry. We were at the mall, and this little boy was wandering around, he couldn't have been over three. He only knew his name and his mom's name. My mom stayed with him and took him to one of the security guards, and when the mom came out of a store about 30 minutes later she didn't even seemed phased that she had lost her child. It was so sad. He took my mom's hand and wanted her to stay with him. If she would have been a child preditor, it would have been awful. I just wonder what are these people thinking????

nathansmom
07-18-2003, 10:34 AM
I worked in a department store in the mall for a few years. You wouldn't believe some of the things we saw. We had one mother who left her kids, 2 and 4, just roam around while she shopped. She didn't even stay in our store, she went out into the mall. We discovered the kids when the older one asked if there was anyway we could get her little brother a drink. We had these kids for over 3 hours. We paged the mother during this time. When she finally showed up our manager was telling her how she shouldn't let her kids run off. She responded by saying that her kids were old enough to watch out for themselves and if they needed help thats what we got paid to do.

mamahill
07-18-2003, 04:19 PM
:o I don't know why these people even reproduce. That's ridiculous. I'm speechless. I wish that common sense was tied to the ability to get pregnant.

MartiesMom2B
07-18-2003, 08:46 PM
This reminds me of when I was a little girl and I begged my mom to let me go to KB toys while she was shopping. Then she told me the story of how a little boy went on his own and someone took him and cut his head off. I now realize that this was story of Adam Walsh. I tell you that I stuck to my mom's side after that.

You're right with the news of the Target molestation and kidnappings from Wal-mart its vital to watch your kids!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03