PDA

View Full Version : What the? Where's our money?

todzwife
01-02-2004, 01:16 PM
DH is currently employed by the US Air Force. He gets paid twice a month...usually. Well, his January 1st deposit never came! How are we supposed to pay rent and the car payment and the school loans! I am so angry! No one is on base today, and he can't contact the main financial office in whereever the heck it is. Argh! So much for shopping for groceries this weekend! Any extra $ we have has been going toward paying off the school loans, he's a dentist and we are making squat! The least the AF could do is pay him on tine!

deborah_r
01-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Shandelle,

Sorry to hear that. Just wanted to mntion all the banks were closed on Jan. 1st, maybe it will show today? Have you tried calling the bank - they can tell if there is a pending transaction. Normally if the bank is closed on the day you are supposed to get paid, the payer should send the money the day before, but maybe they didn't.

Hope you get it figured out!

nathansmom
01-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Shandelle-
My dh gets paid by the air force also. Call your bank today and see if your deposit is there. Don't check online because for some reason it never shows up online till the following day. Seems like on our base half got paid on the 31st and the other half today. Yes everything on our base is closed also.

todzwife
01-02-2004, 05:07 PM
We were supposed to be paid on the 31st. I called a few of my friends who are stationed at the same base and everyone else has been paid! DH went to the bank to see if there was a pending deposit, but there isn't. I am so mad!

elvisfan
01-02-2004, 07:13 PM
>DH is currently employed by the US Air Force. He gets paid
>twice a month...usually. Well, his January 1st deposit never
>came! How are we supposed to pay rent and the car payment and
>the school loans! I am so angry! No one is on base today, and
>he can't contact the main financial office in whereever the
>heck it is. Argh! So much for shopping for groceries this
>weekend! Any extra $ we have has been going toward paying off
>the school loans, he's a dentist and we are making squat! The
>least the AF could do is pay him on tine!
wait-is he actual air force or a contracted employee?

todzwife
01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
He is active duty, but he's a dentist. We found out that someone on base was screwing around and somehow DH got put into a category where we don't get paid. They said that we should have the deposit by Tuesday.

parkersmama
01-05-2004, 01:34 PM
TUESDAY!! Hello! What are they thinking?! They ought to let you come pick up a check. This is their fault after all. Sorry...I know it's hard when you're needing the money!

Melanie
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
That's crazy! If it weren't the government you could report them to...uh...the government...and get retribution.

starrynight
01-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Melanie isn't that the truth!

I'm sorry they did that,dh is army we haven't had problems with the days we get his paychecks but they have gaffed the amounts before. We bank with usaa and they always pay a day or two before the holiday but if the military goofs it up then obviously we wouldn't. It never ceases to amaze me when they owe you , you have to wait. But if they over pay you or you owe them for another reason they don't wait one second to grab it right back grrr. I really think that is the reason they require direct deposit. Gotta love the governmnet x(