PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of nursing bras!

jesseandgrace
01-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I am so sick of wearing nursing bras! Let alone having a HUGE chest. It is almost enough to make me wish I were no longer BFing. Everthing nice I tried to wear for the holidays showed the snaps through the material. Not exactly pretty. Plus, I just can't stand not being able to wear anything with buttons on the front. I guess this is a problem when you start as a C/D and then breast feed a 23 pound six month old. I've never even had any leaking because I think I just grew to accomodate all the milk. OK, I'm done. Thanks for listening :).

houseof3boys
01-05-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are down about it. Try another brand of nursing bra is my suggestion. My Bravado's show the seam awfully and I feel like I am limited with my wardrobe, but I really like my Medela seamless. I seem to be wearing this one the most now since it doesn't show through. I am a 34 D now at 7 months of BFing and I am only limiting myself to things that are too tight and just say hello world but otherwise I just bought larger shirts and it hasn't cramped my style a bit.

You have a big 6 month old too! I hope you feel better about this and think you should take yourself bra shopping. :)

pritchettzoo
01-05-2004, 11:22 PM
ME TOO! When I change clothes at night, I go to take off the bra and then I have to rehook it and...grr!

I don't know how HUGE huge is to you, but if you are over a 40C, check out the bras at Lane Bryant. They make a soft knit one with no underwire that I am using for a nursing bra. Here's a link to one online: http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/Shopping/product.asp?product_id=L1001224 . In the stores, they have fun colors and stripes. I used a coupon and got 4 bras for $60! I just reach in and grab one of the girls and pull 'er over the cup. It's actually pretty comfortable when nursing and seems to support the breast and gives my hand a break. I like them so much better than the other nursing bras I've tried--supportive and comfy. That being said, I can't wait to set these puppies afire when we're done! }(

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

peanut4us
01-06-2004, 09:57 AM
I SO feel for you. I HATE em too, and I used to be the queen of "walk in the door from work and unstrap and fling it across the room". Seriously I went braless a lot. I feel so confined! Now that my bfing journey is almost over, I keep thinking, I could probably wear a normal bra today... um, a) where are they at? and b) if i find them, do I have a prayer of their fitting??? And I want to lose a gob of weight before I spend more money on anything that goes on my body, kwim? Sigh. Curses.

lisams
01-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I hated nursing bras, and was always so clumsy with unhooking and rehooking those darn things, so I threw them all out (well, donated them :)) and now use regular ol' sportsbras that I just pull down and over for nursing. I LOVE it! I understand your frustrations!

Lisa

jennifer13
01-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Just yesterday I was cleaning out some closets and drawers and looked longingly at my old bras. They were so pretty! And small! And I've been sleeping with a nursing bra and can't wait to ditch that habit too!

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

Melanie
01-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Me too! I organized my bra drawer the other day and lovingly fondled my wedding-era bras. So pretty...so sexy. Sigh. Someday. Although I'm not convinced I'll ever fit into those again (I was working out on my lunch breaks...remember those?).

C99
01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm just sick of wearing them because they are ugly! I miss underwires! I've worn the same 5 or 6 nursing bras throughout this year of breastfeeding and they are worn, tired, and turning gray. I want to wear a nice, sexy, mesh demi-cup bra with an underwire again -- is that possible with after-BFing nipples??

Calmegja2
01-07-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm a BF veteran. I've been nursing one kid or the other for 8 years now (pick your jaw back up off the floor). I completely, utterly, and wholly understand your pain... ;-)

I've given up on nursing bras, after the first few months after delivery. I use them after delievry until around three months of age...

I've felt better, abd my clothes have fit better, by buying the same sort of bras I would wear normally, in a larger size.

It's usually pretty easy to pop your breast over the cup and nurse, ad I've found the ability to dress like I want to, and feel more normal again helped immensely. ;-)

mamicka
01-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Ditto infinity!

I started out big before even getting pregnant so I'm pretty miserable whenever I'm reminded of my gigantic chest. Which is basically all the time. :)

Has anyone ever made a regular bra into a nursing bra? I think I remember seeing a link on how to do this. Wondering how well it works? I would hate to try it & have it be terrible, thus ruining a beautiful (and pricey, I might add) bra.

Sarah1
01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LADIES...

Just wait. Enjoy being well endowed while it lasts--because when it's over, it ain't pretty--can we talk shriveled, shrunken, saggy chicken breasts???????

This timing is too funny, b/c just yesterday I was digging through a drawer and ran across one of my nursing bras...I stopped nursing around 7 mos so it's been a while...and I sighed longingly, wistfully when I looked at it. How PATHETIC is that?????

trumansmom
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Try this: http://www.onehotmama.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi/french-quarter.htm

They only have limited sizes left, but they are on clearance for $19! Maybe it will help!

And by the way - I laughed at your HUGE chest comment. I plan on having a breast reduction when I've weaned this next child, and I will be going down FIVE sizes to get to where you started. And they are still getting bigger... I can only imagine what's going to happen when my milk comes in!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

new_mommy25
01-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Ha ha, your post made me laugh. Just yesterday I was going through my closet looking for clothes to donate to my slim beautiful sisters. I came across my 32D bras and I couldn't believe it. They looked so small and tiny, like the size of my fist. The saddest part is some were bought right before I found out I was pregnant so I never even got to fully enjoy them. And I know that there's not a chance in hell I will ever be that size again. FWIW I'm a 36DD now and I never wear a bra at home. What an uncomfortable pita. I prefer to just sag, lol.

I suggest Wacoal bras (I got mine at Nordstroms). They are smooth so no snaps will show through. The release is very easy and they fit very well, especially if you have one of the ladies at Nordstroms fit you. However they are underwire, which I actually don't mind.

And on an off shoot of the thread, I was also looking longingly (sp) at all my sexy panties which I will also probably never fit. I'm so tired of my stretched out grannies. Note to self: Go out and buy new underwear pronto.