PDA

View Full Version : I know someone has to be by the door, but why Ellen?

farsk
01-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm pissed.

Ellen has been the part time baby at daycare since she started 2.5 months ago. Now she has moved to full time. BTW, I LOVE the daycare where she goes.

Anyway, two babies got "promoted" into a new room, leaving two empty beds. One is by the table and window, the other is by the door. Ellen't teachers never put anyone in this bed because it is so loud.

So, now Ellen has moved full time, and there's a new part-time baby. Ellen was sick for the last two days, and when I took her in today, I noticed that they had the names above the cribs, and guess who got the crib by the door! I'M PISSED!!!! Since she's full time, I figured she would get the other bed and the PT baby would get the one by the door, especially since Ellen has been there longer.

I don't know what to do. I've discussed it with one of my co-workers who used to work there, and she said that the teachers probably didn't think a thing about it...but they never put a baby in this crib if they can help it because they know how noisy it is.

Anyway, not that this amounts to a hill of beans, but I am as nice as I know how to be to the teachers......I spend my entire lunch hour with Ellen and take care of her completely......for Christmas, I gave them each gift certificates for a nice restaurant and hired a massage therapist to come in and give them a chair massage during their break....I try to do something nice each week like bring hot chocolate in on cold mornings, a bag of bakery cookies in the afternoon, etc.

They are sweet to her and I know I shouldn't complain. But I can't help it...that's just the kind of person I am.

Thanks for reading (listening) What do y'all think?

lisams
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
What a bummer! Maybe since you are so nice, they figured you wouldn't complain, or the other mother did? Or maybe Ellen is a good sleeper and the other one is a light sleeper? Whatever the reason, I would ask the teachers if it is possible to switch her. I bet since they seem like very caring teachers, they would do it. Just explain that you're concerned about the noise level and her ability to sleep there. As a temporarily retired teacher :), I always appreciated when parents came to me with their concerns right away instead of letting them stew about it and then coming really upset. Usually it was a simple oversight or something I didn't even realize was an issue and we were always able to work something out and keep a good realtionship. BTW - that is extremely kind and caring of you to do special things for the teachers. Sometimes childcare workers can feel underapprecaited and I'm sure your little gestures mean a lot. It only takes one caring parent to remind yourself how important your job is when caring for little ones. I think that's awesome that you remind them :)

Lisa

Sarah1
01-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Shannon--

I would definitely say something. Just explain it just like you did here...you sound perfectly reasonable to me.

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-08-2004, 08:53 PM
I think your co-worker is right...they didn't think anything of it...
BUT with that said you should tell them how you feel about it and have your baby moved!!!...

I bet you it will get resolved instantly!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Sarah1
01-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Did you say something? If so any results?

farsk
01-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Hello!

I'm a big weenie. I didn't say anything. But a magical thing happened today. Her teacher said that she wanted to re-arrange the room, so I got to thinking about how it could be re-arranged to move Ellen away from the door. I think I'll sketch something out over the weekend and present it on Monday!

Thanks for everything!