PDA

View Full Version : DH fixed it and converted it to a toddler bed! Darn crib broke already!!!

brigmaman
01-12-2004, 10:59 AM
This is my first b#!*@! We have had a Babi Italia crib since a little before Brig was born (around 18 months now). We only use it for naps because we still cosleep. Well yesterday the drawer fell off. Now even the drawer we hardly use because it has always seemed really flimsy.
Ok so now that the drawer is off I figured I would take off the dropside and attempt to transition Brig to a toddler bed which the crib converts to (he hates, hates, hates to be behind the bars.) But the directions are super-vague. Funny, though, the first direction says, "Remove the storage drawer." COL (don't know if this is an abbreviation for Cry out loud, but laughing just won't cut it now!)
We bought this crib thinking it would be used for all of our children and it's breaking already??!!!!! Ok, I haven't talked to cs yet, but it's early so I doubt they're open.
This is a lightweight b#*@! I guess...
Thanks girls...We like our Carlisle as well. Brig is sleeping in it as I write- but as a toddler bed. I have to go look for the toddler bed rail now. I didn't purchase it when I got the crib. Jay fixed the bent track on the drawer, so all is better!

jal
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I believe to convert the crib to a toddler bed, the only thing you're really doing is make sure the mattress is as low as it can go and remove one of the rails. Removal of the drawer doesn't seem necessary, but I sure they recomend it so that your child doesn't use it to climb into the bed or fall into it should it get openned while he sleeps on it.

We too has some problems with our Babi Italia crib. Fitting was too tight and the crib rail was nearly impossible to raise/lower. I HELPED (not fixed) the problem by including some spacers (i.e. rigged) in the assymbly. But the worst part was that the one of the screw nuts embedded in the main post stripped the wood when we tightened the screw going into such that you can't get the screw back out (it just turns in place inside the post).

For use, none of this mattered as Patrick has refused to sleep in the crib since about age one, and at age 16 months we've had to go ahead and put him in a twin bed (mattress on the floor trick).

MelissaTC
01-12-2004, 07:32 PM
WOW! Bummer! We have a Babi Italia Carlisle sleigh crib and love it. It has served us well. I would call customer serice asap...

nigele
01-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Melissa,

We have the same crib! We haven't had any problems with it either. I would call CS and see what they say.