PDA

View Full Version : UNBELIEVABLE mother-in-law AGAIN

TraciG
01-12-2004, 07:22 PM
i would suggest not living so close to in-laws, u see them too often ! Well my mother-in-law wanted us to come for dinner but my hubby asked if she could bring it here , that is very nice of her but enough, I am seeing her to much ,twice a week is my limit !!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to vent

egoldber
01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Ah, yes. There's a reason we live a SEVERAL hour drive from BOTH sets of parents.

Good luck!

lisams
01-13-2004, 12:15 AM
My in-laws AND my own parents live 15 minutes away. It is actually my parents that tended to drive me bonkers, especially during those early months when there were days I was in no state of mind to have guests over. But, there is one thing positive that has come of their visits - DD loves it when they come over. She adores them and starts saying "Pa-Pa" if she hears the doorbell. While they are here I can clean, do laundry, take a nap, whatever and she is so very happy to play with them. This started happening around 10 months, so perhaps this is something you can look forward to. I totally dreaded their visits until about that time.

Hang in there!!

Lisa

KMommie
01-13-2004, 03:49 AM
Twice a week???! Whew! I totally hear you. I also live about 5 minutes away from the ILs. What my DH sometimes does, bless him, is he goes and picks up the food! :) I laugh when she brings dinner over here, she brings her own utensils, plates, serving dishes, pots/pans to reheat. It's a whole production. I asked DH, "What does she think we do? Eat off the floor with our hands?!"

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

amp
01-13-2004, 11:09 AM
I thought mine were around a lot and I only see them every month. I still say it's too much! I totally sympathize with you!

McQ
01-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Twice a week. You're a saint! I see MIL twice a year and I dread that.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03